Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 08:47 PM

Default is this a good turn bet to build pot or am i overaggressieve

figured this is a strong enough draw to continue betting. wonder how everyone else feels about my play

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 08-17-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: is this a good turn bet to build pot or am i overaggressieve

I play it the same.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:53 PM

Take your free card on the turn. No value in betting.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 PM

Why not adam i think the number of outs and having nut draw make this good time to bet. However im not comfortable with when to build pot on turn and when not to yet so id like to see your reasoning as to why not.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up I'm betting here everytime.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you count that you likely still have the best hand. Villan bet out the flop, but didn't like his cards enough to 3-bet or lead the turn, making me think he's on a flush draw as well. Hero checking the turn screams, "Flush draw!" so when the draw does come in on the river Villan might not cap. You also might be able to get him to fold a small pair or some such to one more bet on the river if you bet all the way through and the flush doesn't hit.

Oh, there's value in betting.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:10 PM

If you aren't taking the free card on the turn, give me a reason why we raise the flop.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Had i not gotten the second gutshot on turn and still had overcards i wouldnt have bet here. I did raise flop with intention of possibly taking free card. WOuld still like your reason for checking here.

Bozlax can you give me a reason for your agreement. i talked with my mentor and he agrees that i shoulda taken the free card. ITs hard to argue with a winning playere like him. But you seem knowledgeable also. His opinion is there is no draw that doesnt have -ev against someone who bet into a 3 flush flop or ever really what is your opinion?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you aren't taking the free card on the turn, give me a reason why we raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same reason we bet the turn. A little thing I like to call "value." You're ahead. You're 2:1 to make your flush by the river, so even if you lose the 3rd player, you are breaking even JUST ON THE FLUSH DRAW. Add in two overcards and a backdoor nut straight, and you have more than 50% equity in this pot.

Right?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:29 PM

Sshe says that you have to use pot equity to determine if you should bet or just call. Hero has about 30% chance that he makes his flush or top pair on the river. He is heads up so that means he is putting 50% of the money in the pot on his draw. Isn't it wrong to bet with no equity? If we don't get a free card here then when? It's a win-win situation. If you don't get your card you can fold and lose nothing more. (all this assuming you put villain on some kind of a hand).