Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 05:26 PM

Default \"You are pathetic\" (preflop question)

Villain called me this after the hand

Poster in CO and hijack. Semi-loose table. I limp UTG+1 with 87s, MP2 raises, Hijack 3bets, CO calls, BB calls, I call

I really saw no problems with this limp originally. It was a pretty passive table overall, and loose enough that I expected several limpers. I'd probably have done it with only 1 poster, or 1 limper before me.

Obviously I have to call this 3bet/cap when it comes back to me right?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: \"You are pathetic\" (preflop question)

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously I have to call this 3bet/cap when it comes back to me right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's obvious.

In any event, though, I take it Villain is one of those people who feels entitled to win when dealt a premium hand (and has to let everyone know about it).
Old 08-17-2005, 05:33 PM

You are not pathetic.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:38 PM

He was pretty bad overall.

Flop came 655 two of my suit, turn 8, river 8. I didn't even raise the flop because I was fairly sure he had an overpair adn didn't want him to knock out the other two players by 3betting me.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:42 PM

i don't mind limping early with 87s and two posters in front, but I think your really do need a passive table.

There sure is a lot of money in there when it comes 2 back to you and you have a great multiway hand that plays well against over cards. However, you have horrible position and it may be capped. I don't think a fold is bad here. You limped in to see the hand cheap with lots of passive players. That isn't the case anymore and I think this is better to get out of now.

I don't think calling is horrible, but I'm leaning more towards a fold.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He was pretty bad overall.

Flop came 655 two of my suit, turn 8, river 8. I didn't even raise the flop because I was fairly sure he had an overpair adn didn't want him to knock out the other two players by 3betting me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you could anticipate that flop coming, you'd definitely want to play [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

In my opinion, folding when it comes back two more to you is in fact something to consider. To be honest, though, I don't really know what's best. I don't think staying in is godawful or anything, but it might be a little bit -EV. I'm not sure.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, you have horrible position and it may be capped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like my position with respect to the initial raiser is pretty good. Anyone else agree?

Also, why should it being capped worry me? 5 way 87s is pretty good regardless of the stakes right?

Just kinda sucked when it came back two to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:52 PM

I would call here closing but i think its close. The problem is that with i t going three bets before the flop, even if u catch a straight or flush draw, having to act first sucks when there is going to be (most likely) some heavy betting behind u. Its just gonna generally make it more expensive to draw but probably still correct depending on the situation.

It would be way more obvious with a small or medium pair. Cause on the flop u either hit the set or u dont. If u dont u dump and if u do then u know what to do.

Baron, ur not pathetic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
My favorite is when i hit a flush against someone and they say something like "man theres a lot a fish at this table" and his stats are like 38/3/.50

i fold this a lot pf but when there are posters and teh table is already loose passive, i hear ya. The problem is a good player who posts w/ a decent hand raise lots. but a good player usually only posts in CO.

Anyway, yes I call the three bet. I am not thrilled about it, but your hand plays well and if you win you'll win a big one from the looks of it.

Knowing it's been capped pf puts hand ranges against you in a worse EV standpoint for you, even if it's 5-way. I'd probably still play it, but with the expectation of my 8 or 7 outs to be worth virtually zero.

I'm making that limp 100% of the time, and two back I'm playing as well, but somewhat unhappily.