Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Ever river a flush and just call?

That's what I did. SB's flop 4-bet pretty much freaked me out.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 08-16-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Ever river a flush and just call?

you need to raise that river
Old 08-16-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever river a flush and just call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not on this board.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:56 PM

You can raise this pre-flop usually.

If I were that scared by the flop cap, I'd be folding the turn. But I'm not doing that, so yeah I'm raising this river.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:58 PM

Hmm....paired board, 5th nut flush draw....am I the only one who doesn't like the 3 bet on the flop?

I do think you should raise/call the river. But boy, 5th nut flush, straight flush possible, paired board and 3 way action.

Am I the only one who thinks, based on the action here, you're gonna win fewer of these than you lose?
Old 08-16-2005, 08:59 PM

This looks fine. Do NOT raise the river, especially with BB (who called 3 on the flop !?!) in there. Higher flush is possible - remote, but possible. We are behind several hands here with an OBVIOUS flush &amp; boat on the board.

Rich
Old 08-16-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm....paired board, 5th nut flush draw....am I the only one who doesn't like the 3 bet on the flop?

Am I the only one who thinks, based on the action here, you're gonna win fewer of these than you lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, cold-call the flop is fine. 5th nut flush is a little weak to be trying to get a free card/build the pot. When SB caps it, he either has a massive draw or a full house. When he bets on the river into multiple players on an obvious flush, I don't see how you can raise with 5th nut flush.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:17 PM

When SB caps it, he either has a massive draw or a full house.

or any card containing a 4. or an OESFD that we just outdrew.

the BB seems to suck, raise the river and at least give the SB the chance to just call it and the BB to call. if he has the boat, he 3-bets and maybe the BB calls anyways. if he has a bigger flush he probably fears the boat and calls, giving the BB a chance to overcall with whatever. if he has some non boat 4, then we make two bets (which is probably the most common occurance)
Old 08-16-2005, 09:57 PM

You are clearly beating the BB. SB may have you beat, but he can also hold just about any 4. Getting 2:1 you're giving up too much be just calling.

my 2 cents.
Eric
Old 08-16-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can raise this pre-flop usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. At party 2/4, you're going to get people calling with all sorts of cards so there isn't much need to build a big pot preflop to entice calls.