Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Default QQ hand ..

Vilain is very agressive. It's still a new game but he has been fairly agressive with med pair ++...

Should I bet the turn ? I felt lost on that one fearing a check raise ?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: QQ hand ..

Bets and folds to another checkraise
Old 08-16-2005, 10:05 PM

If he's straight forward bet, fold to a raise but if you particularly fear a check-raise and aren't sure he'd do it often enough with a worse hand to make you not care then this isn't an awful spot to check and then call a river bet. Especially if he's aggressive enough to check-raise light and it'll most likely make him bet the river even lighter.

However if he has a T and it seems fairly likely that he could have a T you are missing out by not betting both the turn and river.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:32 AM

I would check behind. I don't feel great about your hand, and if he raises again your in a real tight spot since he could sometimes be doing it with a worse hand. Call a river bet or bet it yourself if he checks it to you.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vilain is very agressive. It's still a new game but he has been fairly agressive with med pair ++...

Should I bet the turn ? I felt lost on that one fearing a check raise ?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is aggressive i'm not folding on that board.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 AM

If the board was draw heavy, I'd say bet again. But its not, so the check-raise was unlikely to be for a free card. I'd check behind and call his river bet.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the board was draw heavy, I'd say bet again. But its not, so the check-raise was unlikely to be for a free card. I'd check behind and call his river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this board is fairly draw heavy.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:20 AM

You should bet because another checkraise is not going to face you with another tough decision, it's an easy fold. If you check, you must call a potential river bet anyways, and you give a potential draw or weak made hand a free card and they might not bluff or pay off the river.

This situation actually smells of another checkraise attempt, but nonetheless it is usually correct to bet even though you sometimes feel like a jackass as you do because you know the checkraise is coming. The quickest, safest, cheapest way to get out of this hand is to bet and get checkraised and fold, and your opponent has cost himself money by taking this donkline. Of course, if you are certain he's going to checkraise (you really can't be), you check and try to hit a Q, but it's generally not right to do so.

-Michael
Old 08-17-2005, 07:21 AM

I'd bet this turn and crap myself when I get check-raised

Steve Griff
Old 08-17-2005, 10:38 AM

with that flop and callers, and even a reraise your done. check the turn and fold to a raise, with 2 ppl still in the pot you are beat especially with that king.