Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 11:32 PM

Default TT vs a solid player 1/2 full

I recently moved up to 1/2 and am trying to adjust my play to the greater variety of players. Villain has TAGish stats, with a pfr that's a bit high (15). My read is he is a somewhat solid but predictable player who is catching some nice starting hands recently.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

I thought about 3-betting and decided not to because:

1. It would more clearly define my hand to Villain.
2. I might be beat, but there are 2 loose players behind me that can pad the pot if they call and I flop a set. (I'll work on my table selection)
3. If the flop is ragged with undercards I will usually be bet into and can raise if I choose.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Not a terrible flop, but not great either. I raised partially for a free card, partially in case he is making a continuation bet with overcards, and partially for protection.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

I didn't want to get checkraised, and I still have my draw. Not sure if this was the right move, he could have a lot of outs if he is behind.

River: (5.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB

I think the river is standard; I couldn't think of any hands that he would call with that I beat.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-13-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: TT vs a solid player 1/2 full

3-bet pre-flop. You said yourself he opens with lots of hands. Get the button and get the blinds out of there.

You deserve about 5 demerits for not betting the turn. You're winning, he's drawing. Bet.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: TT vs a solid player 1/2 full

Raise preflop.
Bet the turn and the river.