Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Rate my play

7 Card Stud High ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter)

Seat 1: $5.90
Hero: $15.95
Seat 3: $9.25
Seat 4: $5
Seat 5: $16.90
Seat 6: $11.65
Seat 7: $2.35

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (6.70 SB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.85 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.85 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets $0.30 and is all-in

River - (13.15 BB)

Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___all-in

Total pot: (19.15 BB)

So what do you think of my play here? Any one have any guesses at the outcome?
Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Rate my play

rating = lucky
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think you played well
Old 08-13-2005, 06:16 PM

You'd be surprised to find out that I actually lost that hand instead.

You see my final hand there. The opponent's final hand was:
[5h Js 9c As 5c 5d Jh]

The fact he chased for 2 running 5s and a J on the last 3 cards just floored me. The guy had no straight or flush draws to speak of so I couldn't understand what he was trying to do. Needless to say I was a bit upset on that one.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:00 PM

3rd street:
Unless you have reasons to believe that seat 7 has a pair higher that tens you should definitely re-raise (otherwise fold). You want to get it heads-up; you want to knock out those guys who call with nothing and catch running fives to beat you.

4th street:
Easy fold. The two remaining tens just fell dead. It’s multi-way, someone just caught an ace (aces are always dangerous since people love to play hands involving an ace, especially at this limit), and 9s are also very dead. Get out.

5th street:
Fold. Looks like you have nine outs (one 8, one 9, four queens and three jacks). Plus any running pair you manage to catch, of course. Queens up should be good a significant amount of the time, but just tens up will often lose.

River:
Kind of strange how this guy suddenly wakes up, don’t you think? Raising isn’t exactly terrible, but going for the over call is better.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:46 PM

Now that you explain it out to me each step of the way, I can see I was fishing almost as much as the other guy. Although, I had a pair long before he did.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that you explain it out to me each step of the way, I can see I was fishing almost as much as the other guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. If you can see that, there is hope. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Hang in there.

[ QUOTE ]
Although, I had a pair long before he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. The thing to do though is not to think in terms of having a pair or having no pair, but to think in terms of pot equity. With a completely dead pair, your pot equity on 4th in a multi-way pot was minimal. Time to fold.