Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 12:08 PM

Default QJs is my biggest loser....and I thought I was getting the best of it

I liked my lines on all hands, assume standard villians. Comments appreciated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($188.09)
BB ($111.95)
UTG ($71.78)
MP ($98.20)
Hero ($128.45)
Button ($84.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $11</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($25.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $25</font>, Hero calls $116.45 (All-In), BB calls $74.95 (All-In).

Turn: ($241.90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($241.90) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $241.90

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

SB ($69.94)
BB ($99)
UTG ($79.48)
Hero ($95.50)
Button ($166.02)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($11.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls $68.48 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $105.98

Absolute $50 6 handed
I have UTG covered, Villian has me slightly covered
Hero is MP with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG limps, hero limps, fold, button raises to 1.75, fold, fold, limpers call.

FLOP ($6) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Check, hero bets 3, call call.

TURN ($15) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, hero bets 7, button raises to 14, UTG pushes for $24, Hero pushes for $40, Button calls.

River 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: QJs is my biggest loser....and I thought I was getting the best of

2 and 3 are fine.

I don't like hand 1.

you are coinflip with AK/AA but thats not the only hands in his range. they others have you dominated by quite a bit and I'm not sure how much fold equity you have against standard villains with AK/AA here.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:24 PM

I think hand 1 could be folded to the raise preflop given stack sizes, but on the flop I like his play.

Against an opponent hand range of AA-JJ, AKs, AKo, JTs, JTo, KQs, KQo he has 51% equity - he doesn't need any fold equity (although I think he has some anyway). Its a value raise. And it has to be on the flop, because if the turn blanks his hand goes way down (and if it hits opponent can get away from a lot).
Old 08-13-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think hand 1 could be folded to the raise preflop given stack sizes, but on the flop I like his play.

Against an opponent hand range of AA-JJ, AKs, AKo, JTs, JTo, KQs, KQo he has 51% equity - he doesn't need any fold equity (although I think he has some anyway). Its a value raise. And it has to be on the flop, because if the turn blanks his hand goes way down (and if it hits opponent can get away from a lot).

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you figure JT, KQ in villains preflop reraising range?

villain has AK, AA, KK, QQ here in my opinion.

on hand 1, I was advocating a fold.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
how do you figure JT, KQ in villains preflop reraising range?

villain has AK, AA, KK, QQ here in my opinion.

on hand 1, I was advocating a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, with your range hero is 52-53% - even better than my more pessimistic selection. Why are you advocating a fold?
Old 08-13-2005, 12:45 PM

oh jeez. I did the math wrong.

somehow I didn't figure for the 4 T outs.

then yeah I like it.

I thought it was just pair + flush draw.

my apologies.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:49 PM

Thats cool, I was using poker stove, so no maths for me, but wen you reposted I thought I must have put the cards in wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: QJs is my biggest loser....and I thought I was getting the best of it

Why such small flop/turn bets in Hand 3? You have a huge hand, but with such a draw heavy board a 1/2 pot flop bet doesn't charge nearly enough.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: QJs is my biggest loser....and I thought I was getting the best of it

Hand #1 is fine. Good players are folding AA there.

Hand #2 I don't like the reraise preflop, although I'd be interested in hearing about why you did it. Good laydown on the flop.

On hand #3 pot the flop.