Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Party showdown stats just plain wrong

Anyone have an explanation for how to interpret Party's inflated showdown stats? For a while, I had thought it was a result of incorporating side pots as "wins," but that doesn't even cover it.

I had been playing for about 15 minutes when I lost a hand on a showdown: there was a bet and call on the river and there was no side pot. My showdown won percentage remained unchanged at 100%.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Party showdown stats just plain wrong

Yeah these stats are wrong at all time and they suck and I hate them.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have an explanation for how to interpret Party's inflated showdown stats? For a while, I had thought it was a result of incorporating side pots as "wins," but that doesn't even cover it.

I had been playing for about 15 minutes when I lost a hand on a showdown: there was a bet and call on the river and there was no side pot. My showdown won percentage remained unchanged at 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent them an email basically saying how can we trust the integrity of the games if Party Poker can't even get the stats right. They replied saying their games are honest.

Stu
Old 08-13-2005, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party showdown stats just plain wrong

[/ QUOTE ]No you're wrong. Mama's right.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:58 AM

I remember when the win $ at showdown stat in the party window was actually correct.
somewhere around Jan, 2004 there was a software update and it changed to how it is now.

I think the W$SD stat MIGHT be based on when you actually SHOW the table your cards.
If your cards are not seen by the other players then you actually didn't 'show' it so did not parttake in showdown.
Perhaps that's how it works. Not sure.

If you want to experiment with it then try turning off the 'muck' at showdown. Just show your cards when you lose and see if THAT changes the stat (not saying this will make a difference or not).

I find it incredible that they have not fixed this back to 'normal' for so long.
I have talked with SEVERAL players (mostly on here) who thought they were poker-gods because they 'almost always win when they take their hand to showdown'.

One player I talked to recently is a local friend of mine who knows very little about poker but thought he was playing well because "he usually wins about 90% of the time at showdown. That's good, right?"

So...Party is making a bunch of fish feel like they are great players by giving them a galse stat.
Maybe their strategy is intentional.
But I really think it's just party being stupid (again).
Old 08-13-2005, 11:03 AM

My whole world just came crashing down around me.

Edit: I just realized that even after 21k posts, I post about poker so rarely no one will really know if this post was serious. =[

Is there any way to block just certain forums of this site?
Old 08-13-2005, 11:15 AM

It's actually pretty devious what they do. Their show down stats are only for when you bet/raise the river and win!

No doubt they do this so that the fish will think, "Well hey, I can see I'm winning most of my showdowns, so I'm probably just running bad somewhere else. It's only a matter of time before I start winning"
Old 08-13-2005, 11:28 AM

I don't know if it's that 'devious' mostly because I don't necessarily think they have the intelligence to do something like that.

Their shootout tournaments are just another example of how it is quite obvious they have some pretty dumb people working there.

(obviously there are a couple of people who know what they're doing too though....they are wildly successful and profitable in spite of themselves)