Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Notes on Players

So I've been taking notes on players as much as possible for the last couple of months (primarily at the 22s)and I can't remember the last time I've played with a player I have a previous note on. Are there that many people playing the 22s or am I losing my notes? This seems weird.

yabastid
Old 08-13-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Notes on Players

What kind of notes are you making? If you make notes about bad players, I think your answer is clear. If you're making notes about good players, I see the same guys relatively often because of the volume I play, I don't write notes but I remember for the most part.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of notes are you making? If you make notes about bad players, I think your answer is clear. If you're making notes about good players, I see the same guys relatively often because of the volume I play, I don't write notes but I remember for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

95% Bad Players. . . hmm.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:01 AM

there are that many players at the 22s. my massive amount of notes is only helping now at the 55s.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:17 AM

There are a lot of new ppl that join each day and flood some of the mid buy-in tournies, so you may not run into the same ppl very often. Some players may have moved up or down in accordance with the rise and fall of their bankrolls as well.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:25 AM

After 1600 $22s there are probably only 20 or so players that I have played with in over 20 games (these are the only players where I actually note tendencies). Most are horrible players that are single tabling and playing for fun. There are a ton of players that I have played with 5-10 times though and I just have them noted as "suspected 2+2er" or "solid player" (assuming they are that is). I loosen my call standards a bit and try to sit to their right. Also I become far more suspicious if they start to get aggressive early game.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:35 AM

My general feeling is that notes are a waste of time through $55, and become valuable at $109 and presumably even more so at $215, although I don't play there.

eastbay
Old 08-13-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My general feeling is that notes are a waste of time through $55, and become valuable at $109 and presumably even more so at $215, although I don't play there.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, for me at least they are useful. I have a hard time remembering the tendencies of 36 players for an hour, so it helps to have jotted down something come level 4.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:52 AM

You use them _within_ one game? That never even occurred to me. To each his own.

eastbay
Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 AM

"and try to sit to their right"

I couldn't even think of doing this, the tables just fill up so quickly I fire in the general direction of the corner I want (yeh I try to sit in the corners [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])