Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Big problem with party poker

I have been having an issue with party for a while, and would appreciate advice.

I had an account on the site, under my fathers name (I am 17).I was in New Jersey at a friends house and tried to cash out some money from the account to my neteller, which resulted in them freezing the account, in the middle of a tournament no less, because they could not contact me at the number registered (my home in MA). Well, I emailed them back when I was in my hometown again with a scan of my fathers ID, and they unfroze the account and all was well.

However, I wanted to keep playing on party before that since I was to be in New Jersey for a couple weeks more, so I made a new account under my name(but my birth date making me 18) on an old email address. I had 1000 dollars sent to the account by a friend, and then they froze it! The reason turned out to be that the old email address I was using was somehow linked to an empire poker account I never even put money on, under my fathers name. I called them, and they told me that I was "sharing an email address with Dan Garza" (im jeff garza btw) and would need to make a new email address and email them my ID from it, to show that we were no longer sharing an email, at which point they would unfreeze the account. Obviously I don't think I can do that because I registered as being a year older then I actually am on the account. So.... what in the world do I do here??? Do I have my dad call them and try to get the account to be changed to under his name, solving the problem? Would that possibly work without them inquiring too much? Do they even care that much about age, should I just send them my ID? Maybe if they do find I am underaged from my father or myself, they would just give the money back and close the account? Anyone have any ideas, worst thing possible is my $1000 stays lost, but obviously I want to find a way to continue to play on Party or at least get my money back.

Advice much appreciated,

Jeff Garza
Old 08-12-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Big problem with party poker

Don't play online poker when you're underaged.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 PM

How about photoshop?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:47 PM

Jeff Garza, are you aware that reps from the various sites do indeed read these boards?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 PM

Hurry up and change names to protect the innocent. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't play online poker when you're underaged.

[/ QUOTE ]

/patiently waiting
Old 08-12-2005, 08:59 PM

photoshop is an option. 1000 to my roll is not that much though, I would rather not risk being arrested for fraud...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
photoshop is an option. 1000 to my roll is not that much though, I would rather not risk being arrested for fraud...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-12-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a far better chance of getting arrested for stealing more bikes to replace the 1k than you do for trying to "defraud" Party.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:31 AM

Why not try the obvious?

Just call party and say "my name is Jeff Garza, and i'm only 17. i tried to register falsely and you caught me. Now, please give me my money back, and when i turn 18, i'll be a really good customer."

Party is a business. They are certainly not the morality police. They are not looking for an excuse to gank you out of a (measly) thousand bucks.