Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Flopped middle set on monotone board

B&M 1-2 NL. Table is very loose passive with several 'tricky' players. Lots of preflop limping, and lots of calling preflop raises. Several players will slowplay the hell out of any two pair or better. Several players will call down with a lot of bad hands as long as the betting doesn't get too out of hand.

Now the hand. 4 limpers to me on the button with 77. I call. Blinds call. 7 to the flop, pot is $13. Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to me.

Question 1: Should I check or bet?

I bet $10. BB, UTG, CO all call.

4 players, $50 pot. Turn A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Board is now 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to me.
Question 2: Again, should I bet or check here?

I bet $40. BB and UTG call, CO folds.

3 players, pot $170. River A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Board is 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me...
Question 3: check or bet? I have about $150 left. BB has just over $60, UTG has about $200.

I bet $60. BB calls allin, UTG raises allin... main pot is $350, I have to call $90 into the $90 side pot between UTG and myself.

Question 4: Do I call with my 7s full?

I call.

What do you think I should have done at each turn, and why? Overall, how did I do?
Old 08-12-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Flopped middle set on monotone board

erghhh it sucks that the pot was so small no the flop. I generally like to put out a feeler bet as well. I think the $10 is a good idea. The turn, I'd fire about 60% of the pot and go from there.

The river you have to bet out. Say $100

On the turn, I highly doubt that you were good.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:05 PM

I would definitely call he river

I think you played it fine.

the river A of hearts is a beautiful card as it makes it much less likely for a higher boat. I mean, why would somebody call down with a non heart ace high?

I am almost certain you won this hand.

I hope you weren't shown AQ as thats only weirdly played realistic hand that beats you on the river.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:07 PM

I think a loosy goosy with AQ is raising the turn here.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:01 PM

Well, I lost about $20 on the hand. UTG showed K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (I think the deuce was a club, not positive). I took down the $180 side pot. Started with a little over $200.

BB showed QQ for the overset and larger full house to take down the main pot.

In any case, I felt comfortable with the flop and river. The turn I wasn't too sure. At the time, I figured I'd make a smaller bet on the turn, and if I didn't fill up, I would probably get the opportunity to check behind on the river. I felt if I checked behind the turn, someone would bet in front of me on the river and I'd have to fold what could be the winning hand if I didn't fill up.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:13 PM

My play is to bet flop, check turn, push river. Woohooh.

The way you played it, easy call on the river. K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is loving it. AQ is an oh well situation, A2 is unlikely because the person doesn't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].