Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Pokerroom on the downhill slide?

I don't play here very much anymore(occasional multi-table tourney). But I was looking on the site this weekend at the action, and it was very disappointing.

I dropped by once on Sat. and once on Sun. each time there were about 6 1-2 tables going, 2-3 shorthanded 2-4 and 3-6 tables. 1 shorthanded 5-10 table and no 10-20. Has the daily raked hand bonus ruined the ring games there? It certainly looked like it when I was there.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom on the downhill slide?

I played on pokerroom all weekend long and was in some great games. The majority was 1-2 but I did play an occasional 2-4.

I think you happened to hit it at the wrong time.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:55 PM

Miah, have you every cashed out at their site. I know that I have not been able to win one cent since I did. Have talked to several other players that have had the same results. Once you take any money out you get no cards and find it very difficult to win anything. I know my play has not changed and find the quality of the cards very hard to believe it is just variance.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:05 PM

I've cashed out twice already
Old 03-25-2003, 04:19 PM

I play there sporadically. I will usually make a deposit, double it and cash out. I find it incredibly boring playing there, but very profitable. I have cashed out many times from there and always won afterwords. I will usually come back there after a bad streak at the other sites I play and try to work things out. In all the times I have bought in there I only lost my buy in once (the first time) every other time I played until I doubled my original buy in. The place (1/2 and 2/4 limits is all I've played there) is a printing press for an above average player. Regularly flop % above 50% and even 60%. IMO
Old 03-25-2003, 04:23 PM

Its hit or miss. Best 1-2 games online, and the 2-4 through 5-10 goes on and off, but can be incredibly juicy. There were two 2-4 games with over 40% pre-flop and average pots of 10 big bets yesterday morning and afternoon in on and off intervals. I find the game selection changes rapidly, although there are not usually multiple limits over 1-2, usually one limit, ie 2-4, 3-6, or 5-10. See 10-20 occasionally.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:44 PM

It is simply a variance. Also after a cashout you are more likely to bust out because your bankroll is smaller now.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:09 PM

Default i agree with inthacup

As a background i play mainly 2/4 to 5/10 shorthanded. A few months ago i was willing to put up with pr's software, because of the incredible juicy games, but it seems now the number of loose-passive players is way lower. The games are still good, but there are some other sites where the games are just as good, and the software is much better.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:55 PM

For the most part I've only played the tournaments there(5's and 10's), found them to be very beatable. They're supposed to be coming out with a new version of the software (to include stud/ohmaha and nl/pl), but they've been saying that for months now. I've cashed out several times with no problems...usually recieve payment to my neteller accout w/in 24/48 hours.

peace,
jHE
Old 03-25-2003, 11:34 PM

can you please tell me what that new pic is please jHE??