Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 04:24 PM

Default TT hand where I suspect overpair

Now I think I played this hand horribly. This is a spot I seem to get into quite a lot with TT or JJ where I suspect theres an ovrepair but call down.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, MP1 folds.

I felt that raising wouldn't protect my hand any more than calling so decided to wait for the turn. Wrong move ?

Turn: (14 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">(All-In) CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

However it was 2-bets to me on the turn and here I was really thinking that I was behind to an overpair from CO so decided to call down. Its a tough spot but is this a clear fold to anyone ?

River: (19 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 08-11-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: TT hand where I suspect overpair

Even if you can't bring yourself to fold the flop because he might be raising a UI AK (not particularly likely), you have to fold the turn.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:33 PM

You didn't provide a read, but if CO is a reasonable player I'd say you can fold the turn. It's hard to imagine that he doesn't have the goods when he's raising the turn in a protected pot -- and even if he only had 99 on the flop, you're now screwed.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:38 PM

3-bet flop. If he caps or calls and bets turn, fold. If he has AK he'll call down.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:39 PM

I think your flop call is pretty bad. this is a definite raise or fold situation, and absent a maniac read on CO I fold.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop. If he caps or calls and bets turn, fold. If he has AK he'll call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a while since someone has 3bet to find out where they stood. Time to bust out this ol' classic again.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:02 PM

One thing that you missed was that SB was almost all-in. This is an extremely good example of why you need to pay careful attention to the stacks of the players at the table. If you had 3-bet the flop you would essentially be HU with the CO, whic is a very good thing. By calling you allowed SB to lead the turn with his last bet and CO to try to drive you out. Good call on the turn BTW. Pot was too big to fold lacking reads on CO. Since SB was all-in CO will raise to try to fold you to get HU with SB with just about anything. By raising ther he is risking one BB that will be returned to him if you fold and he loses.