Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 10:16 PM

Default 2 Hands i messed up

I am posting these hands because there are some mistakes in them, plese give me your opinions street by street.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Villian was solid, tight, and aggresive. On the flop i had him figured for another jack, and talked myself out of it after the turn. I thought for about 12 seconds before calling the river bet.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Villian in this hand was solid as well, i figured him for a good ace after thge flop 3 bet. I planned on raising any non ace river.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: 2 Hands i messed up

In hand 1, the turn improves your hand, but you still have to consider UTG's holding given his flop aggression. You are behind if he's got either a jack or a boat. The less likely holdings are either a bluff or a better flush draw. Your flop play is okay, but I think it is better to check and call the turn and river.

On hand 2 you missed a raise on the turn. You can hopefully check behind on the river when the ace pairs.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Hand# 1: I like to 3-bet this flop a lot of the time, even if you don't have the best hand you've got a ton of equity.

Hand# 2: Clear turn raise, why wait 'til the river? You put him on a good ace, if that's the case you won't lose him on the turn, he'll take it to showdown in a blind war. Not sure how I feel about the flop raise, was it to get information, were you planning on folding if you didn't improve?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:11 PM

Hand one I 3 bet flop almost always. If he has AJ you have 48% equity. The way the hand played out I would be tempted to cap the turn. If he does have a better Jack he is still only a 2.5-1 favorate If he has a hand like AK clubs, TT, ect you are a big favorate. This whole hand seems overly passive to me.

On hand 2 I would raise the turn everytime. He is not folding an ace HU vs the button. He may three bet you with AQ or something.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:24 PM

The consenses to raise the turn in hand two is obviously correct, i just got too tricky. Now Teddy, as far as the first hand goes, the guy isnt limping AKc and then going nuts with ace high on both the flop and turn, he has a made hand here.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The consenses to raise the turn in hand two is obviously correct, i just got too tricky. Now Teddy, as far as the first hand goes, the guy isnt limping AKc and then going nuts with ace high on both the flop and turn, he has a made hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this draw heavy board I would not put you on a Jack with this action. Maybee I have too much of a short handed mentaliy but I would probably play it the same as you. But I would be tempted to cap the turn and c/c the river UI. Bet if I hit. maybee a little sparaying
Old 08-12-2005, 08:22 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

You know on hand one I can't really put a solid UTG player on much worse than AJ here. If he has a J he certainly has you beat, the big question is would he play an Ace high flush draw this way and on the turn it would have to be no.

77 - tt, QQ he would open raise

Possibly limped with KK,AA?

KQs would be possible except for the turn, hard to put him on much that you beat. Unless he is playing for a free showdown bluff catcher move on the turn. Have you seen him do that before?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:28 PM

Yeah the thing is Slavic, i felt i was still beat on the turn when i went for the c/r. It's obvious that i am beat here, and i that a check call was the best line for both subsequent streets unless i hit a 4 or a flush. I just need to get myself past the thinking of "oh, i have top trips and a good flush draw, lets put money in".
Old 08-13-2005, 07:43 PM

hand 1: 3bet that flop. your hand is too strong imo. after youve just called and the jack hits the turn a checkraise is standard and not capping is cut and dry

hand 2: i dont like the flop raise if you have the intention of calling down. it appears that your plan was to fold though, in which case i like it. missing the turn raise was a woops.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"oh, i have top trips and a good flush draw, lets put money in".

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it does sound pretty stupid when you put it that way [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]