Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Tranistioning 25 short to 50 short

I made the switch from 25 short to 50 short about a month ago and have struggled some bit. I played 30,000 hands at 25 and sustained a clip of 10 PTBB/100 during that time period. I finally made the jump and coasted along at 50 short for the past month where I have seen wild swings, leaving me down 1 PTBB/100 after 15,000 hands. I know I have ran bad the past week which attributes for a big part of my losses, but my stats and game have been the same through out, which leads to me questioning quite a bit.

Pretty much what I am asking is how have peoples games morphed from when they started out at 25short and moved up through out, or are the 50's just a different kind of beast?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Tranistioning 25 short to 50 short

Did you loosen up?> I've found that if you were super-tight in the 25's and stay that way, you do OK. I'm in the process of doing the transition now so I can't say with certainty if that's just a rush
Old 08-10-2005, 11:06 PM

I moved up from NL25 6 max to NL100 6 max before summer after 100 000 hands at NL25, and noticed that I needed to be more aggressive and make some weird moves sometimes so that they semi-thinking lags didn't start to pick on me, and so that the decent players sometimes called down my sets.

I have just a small sample of around 5 000 hands, so I can't say that I'm beating this level yet, of course.

It also becomes important to make enough reads so that you can separate the good LAG's from the bad ones (maniacs, drunks etc... ). I have never met a good (winning) LAG at NL25 at party poker, so this problem never occured for me at that level. I suspect though that you can find a lot of succesful LAG's at NL100.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It also becomes important to make enough reads so that you can separate the good LAG's from the bad ones (maniacs, drunks etc... ). I have never met a good (winning) LAG at NL25 at party poker, so this problem never occured for me at that level. I suspect though that you can find a lot of succesful LAG's at NL100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got busted back down the 25s from the 200s and 100s because I always assumed LAGs were idiots. This ceases to be true at some point and I learned the hard way.