Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 11:35 AM

Default 76 sooooted flops flush

At work so no HH... here are the relavant details.

PPNL 100 game. I am CO with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and $120.

MP- has $90, BB- easily covers all. I have been at the table for a couple rotations, image should be TAG. Opponent's have done nothing notable/crazy.

2 limpers to me and I limp. SB completes and we see the flop 5-handed.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

It's checked to MP who bets $4, I call the $4, and BB also calls, (everyone else folds). Pot- $17.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB checks again, MP bets $7, I raise to $25. BB cold calls. MP folds. Pot-$74

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB checks. Anyone value bet here? Any thoughts on the rest of the hand. I usually raise the flop, but decided to wait to the turn to mix it up, intending to raise a non-heart.

Sly
Old 08-10-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Re: 76 sooooted flops flush

sure smells like BB has a flush too.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:45 AM

I raise the flop, and I certainly bet the river.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 AM

I might have raised the flop as you really don't want to see another heart here.

My guess is MP had something like KxJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - top pair with redraws to relatively high flush that were priced out with your raise

I could only see the BB having two hands here - the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and trying to draw to nuts (without odds mind you)

or a flush. A set? Would have thought he'd be pushing the flop hard.

I'd value bet for half the pot - hope he doesn't have an A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flush, in which case he likely won't raise (something like Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

If he pushes - flopped flush over flush??? - flip a coin
Old 08-10-2005, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop, and I certainly bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup
Old 08-10-2005, 01:29 PM

I think I would check the river. If BB has a bigger flush he will probably check-raise u all-in. The pot is pretty big and u are getting decent value for ur flush.

BB might also have had the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but he might have missed. He won't call ur bet, but on the other hand if he does have a bigger flush he will make u pay.

Pots
Old 08-10-2005, 01:55 PM

Damn, with a made small flush and a straight flush draw, you almost need to raise this flop. Here are the reasons: First, and most obviously, it knocks out all players who have 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] through Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. If you let these players stay in with these marginal hands and see a hearts fall on the turn, you are almost always beaten. Secondly, you will be getting value from the players who are drawing with the A or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. They will almost certainly pay you off until the turn or river.

But besides the flop mishap, I would most likely bet the river for value.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:09 PM

Actually, come to think of it, a river bet is a very questionable move. Whether there is value in betting this river is debatable. What could villain be cold-calling a bet and a raise to? Possibilities are AK, two pair, A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw, and a set. But on the other hand, there is a very real possibility he has a higher flush than you. On second thought, I call a bet on the river, but I won't put in a bet, due to questionable value. I guess I would need more information about the BB...
Old 08-10-2005, 02:16 PM

I check the river. Based on his actions, he either already has the nuts or he was drawing to a higher heart. You either get reraised with a better hand or get a fold. No value.

If he was holding 2 pair or a set, he would/should have raised early to get people off draws.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:28 PM

FWIW, I think your hand is good. BB would have to be a very crafty player indeed to have played it this way with a made flush.

I kind of like him for a straight, actually.

Delaying your raise until the turn netted you (or the BB [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) an extra $7 on this hand from when MP bet out on the turn. (That's the other kind of sklansky bucks).

It's sort of risky, but take a deep breath and bet the river.