Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 03:39 PM

Default New room for the SHOE in MS?

I,ve been reading a post about food in Tunica. There is alot of talk of a new room at the shoe, this must be true because of all the chatter. I havent been to tunica since last JAN. but prior to that I was there alot, to often.

I have strong sentimental memories of the shoe and the goldstrike. It was JAN. 04 in Tunica that but my bankroll over the top. No big tourney wins, just a steady cash flow from 1-2NL and 20-40 Limit. That being said the floor at the shoe (some younger looking guy, think he is older then he looks) does a top notch job. He always made sure the players are comfertable, all players from 1-5 stud to PLO.

The Goldstrike the same way, one dealer sticks out at Goldstrike, BOB. These two poker rooms are perfect examples of how poker rooms should be run. AC and vegas should take notes on these operations. I realize there rooms are smaller alot smaller, but the larger rooms should hire more personal.

Sorry about the little rant but a needed to give props to those two rooms. Now what does the SHoes new room look like, where is it, how many more tables, etc. Can we still expect the great customer service from the older presumably smaller room?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: New room for the SHOE in MS?

It's not that large. I haven't played there. I play at the Strike when I go down from Memphis. It's pretty nice, much smaller than some of the larger rooms in vegas but it is much nicer and in a much better location in the back. TVs are a plenty (plasma), I think there are a few more tables but not many more. I think Vegas is still the cream of the crop in comparison to Tunica's rooms, but in Vegas they don't comp for crap in comparison to Tunica.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:53 PM

I think the new Horseshoe room is bigger than the Gold Strike room. The new Shoe room has the computerized waiting list which is tight. You can look up and see where you stand. They also give you beepers.

This is something Strike should do and they will eventually. I was told they are going to expand the poker room a bit and do some nicer things with it.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:39 PM

Our new computer system is in place but it's NOT hooked up to the T.V.'s yet. We're going to wait until after the tourniment before we use it. It's going to take some getting used to.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Yes the \"new\" room is nice

The "new" room at the Shoe is very nicely done. I would term the Goldstrike as a poker "section".
Old 08-11-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Yes the \"new\" room is nice

Sweet, I will be in Tunica 19th-22nd and will definetly be checking out the new room. Can't wait.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:52 AM

The new room opened in May I believe.
It is quite nice.

The old HS room had 12 tables I believe.
The new room has 16 tables I think. So it's not THAT big a difference from that standpoint.
But there's much more room between the tables and it is a very nice and comfortable room.

Setting a new standard for Tunica poker-rooms perhaps?? One can hope so.

I agree with the previous poster who stated that the Gold Strike feels more like a 'poker section' than a 'poker room'.
Get those freaking slot machines out of there!!

But I also agree with Jerome that the GS is a pretty well-run room too and a mostly pleasurable playing experience.