Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM

Default T4s in a multiway raised pot.

Okay I posted in the CO and had this hand come up.

Questions:

PF call of the raise?
Flop peel?
Turn checkraise?
River value bet?

I have my feelings on it but wanted to hear what the jury had to say. Thanks in advance.

UTG is loose passive and open limps, MP calls, I check my post in the Hijack with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], CO is a loose fish and he calls, button raises, (seems okay from past experiences) blinds fold and we all call.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to the PFR button who bets, folded to me I call (with the intention of folding the turn unimproved) , CO calls.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, Co checks, button bets, I check raise, Co folds, button calls.

River K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet.

Close? Fishy?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: T4s in a multiway raised pot.

I'd play it the same.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 PM

The entire hand is slightly +EV, I think. Personally, I'm folding on the flop because I don't close the action AND there are no callers in front of me (i.e. implied odds much lower). I'm not big on calling with (possibly) five outs. But yeah, this is fine.

CSC
Old 08-09-2005, 05:21 PM

Assuming you have 5 outs you are getting a good price but this is a flop peel that I might not make in the heat of battle. Maybe this is a leak that I have. I would like to hear more about the flop call from other posters.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you have 5 outs you are getting a good price but this is a flop peel that I might not make in the heat of battle. Maybe this is a leak that I have. I would like to hear more about the flop call from other posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at it like this.
Preflop I was basically getting 11:1 on a call as there was a microscopic chance that the loose fish would three bet after limping and it was close to 99% that he would call. So Preflop seemed obvious to me.

On the flop its close, I mean really close. Im getting 13:1 on a call with what is essentially 4.5 outs. (4 crystal clean and one tainted) However, my intention was to fold the turn inimproved so my implied odds on hitting my gin card would aid the pot odds I was getting. (Thanks stoxtrader for the implied odds lesson in NYC)

Turn was self explanitary, river bet was really close, and Im not sure it was 100% correct.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:53 PM

CSC,

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm folding on the flop because I don't close the action AND there are no callers in front of me (i.e. implied odds much lower). I'm not big on calling with (possibly) five outs. But yeah, this is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually one tabling at the time so I actually had time to think. The call on the flop was close, I mean really close. I figured 4.5 outs actually. getting like 13:1 with a passive behind me who is not likely to raise, and with the implied odds if I hit i continuea and if I miss I fold, i swung it to a call. turn is standard, river is kinda close, but I feel still a value bet.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:30 PM

I really don't see how it's close. Considering when you hit two-pair/trips you are going to win a large majority of the time, and you aren't calling another bet without improving, you shouldn't need 13:1 to call here. I'd say folding 10:1 or worse is a mistake.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:30 PM

played fine - I'd probably fold to a raise on the river.

flop call is fine and good with your turn plan

-DrG
Old 08-09-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Close? Fishy?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd play it like this too...so probably fishy
Old 08-09-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay I posted in the CO and had this hand come up.

Questions:

PF call of the raise?
Flop peel?
Turn checkraise?
River value bet?

I have my feelings on it but wanted to hear what the jury had to say. Thanks in advance.

UTG is loose passive and open limps, MP calls, I check my post in the Hijack with T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], CO is a loose fish and he calls, button raises, (seems okay from past experiences) blinds fold and we all call.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to the PFR button who bets, folded to me I call (with the intention of folding the turn unimproved) , CO calls.

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, Co checks, button bets, I check raise, Co folds, button calls.

River K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet.

Close? Fishy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only thing is the river. Why not check/call here? If you bet and are raised, it's going to be a sticky situation. But I guess you don't want to miss out on a bet.

Rest: I play it the same