Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Hit my 2 outer for trips on 4th street, how to make the most profit?

I bet, bet here. I am thinking I should have check/called 4th street, then check/raised 5th street. Is there a chance he may take a freecard on 4th street if I checked if he had a heart?

The CO is a decent player but I have seen him showdown less than premium hands before. I knew he had a strong hand preflop when he caped though.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 08-08-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Hit my 2 outer for trips on 4th street, how to make the most profit?

Check-raise the turn here. Villain has a big hand here, and if he's calling a turn bet and a river bet I think he's probably calling a turn check-raise. People have a really hard time folding AA and KK, and people also don't cap with other stuff all that often. (The only fear is folding AK, though he'll probably try to spike one on the river anyway).
Old 08-08-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Hit my 2 outer for trips on 4th street, how to make the most profit?

Great spot to check/raise the turn. Don't wait until the river.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:37 PM

I think you have to check raise the turn here. Your goal should be trying to extract 3 BB total on the turn and rive here. Too often I think players try to check call, check raise the river and whiff. Your line pretty much asures 2 BB, it then becomes a question of whether check-raising works with greater than 50% frequency (if you whiff, you likely get the 1 river bet in still, if you get it, he's likely making crying turn and river calls, hoping to be shown something like AQ). I think c/r will work more than half the time, and is proper.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:40 PM

TPH,

An important thing to realize in addition is that if villain is willing to call single bets on the turn and river he's not likely to fold to a turn check-raise.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:51 PM

Why didn't you bet the flop?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Hit my 2 outer for trips on 4th street, how to make the most profi

[ QUOTE ]
Great spot to check/raise the turn. Don't wait until the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-08-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a good read on him having KK or AA
Old 08-08-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Hit my 2 outer for trips on 4th street, how to make the most profi

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate a flop bet here.