Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 02:59 PM

Default ub 25-50 river checkraise #2

the game is 3 handed and the effective stack size is around 5k. villian is smarx who has seemed like a relatively typical 25-50 player so far. i think he may think im a little full of it so he may be less inclined to trust my bets than normal.

im on the button and raise to 175 with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], sb folds and villian calls. the flop is
T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he checks, i bet 300 and he calls. turn is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], check, i bet 700, he calls. the river is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], check, i bet 1600 he goes allin which is effectively a raise of 2100 more so im looking at a pot of 7675 with it being 2100 to call.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: ub 25-50 river checkraise #2

I think thats an easy call. The hearts missed is reason enough.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:10 PM

Your hand is obviously very well disguised in that he cant put you on trip tens. But you betting actions are telling him you have an overpair, and he is saying he can beat that by check raising allin. Anything that can beat an overpair can beat your hand, (unless he played AA or KK very strangly). As well, the amount he check raised i so small, this is unlikly to be a bluff. I would call just becuase of pot odds. I think you are good 30% of the time, so its worth it to call.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:51 PM

I think you are losing this hand. Villain's check reraise is too small to get you to fold and I assume he knows this. The question is whether you can fold this hand getting 3:1 on your call with a hand that certainly has showdown value. I think the answer is no and I would make a crying call.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is obviously very well disguised in that he cant put you on trip tens. But you betting actions are telling him you have an overpair, and he is saying he can beat that by check raising allin. Anything that can beat an overpair can beat your hand, (unless he played AA or KK very strangly). As well, the amount he check raised i so small, this is unlikly to be a bluff. I would call just becuase of pot odds. I think you are good 30% of the time, so its worth it to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why couldn't he put you on trip Ts?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:47 PM

Can you really find a fold here three-handed, getting laid such good odds on your call? I'm not good enough to lay this down, particularly since you having fired three barrels doesn't at all tell villain that you flopped trips. I think he has a pocket pair, say 77-JJ, a lot of the time here. I'm guessing that this was the time he had the trips as well with a better kicker, but once you bet the river, I think you have to call his CR (is this wrong?).
Old 08-08-2005, 05:18 PM

looks bad but his line is so odd (almost no one check alls twice and check/raises river with big hand) that i think you have to call hope he is on tilt or doing something weird that you just can't put him on now but will hopefully see when he turns his cards up
Old 08-08-2005, 06:36 PM

I either check the turn or I call this in a flash. Depends on my read of villain and how he's been responding to my play.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:59 PM

i hate your river bet

dont put yourself through this next time!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Lmao