Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 07:36 AM

Default First hand Beauty, turn action in question

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

The converter is messing up so bear with me. This was literally my first hand at this table.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.
(UTG+1 called, SB completed)
Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB bets 10, I call, UTG +1 calls

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB bets 30, I???

Thoughts and results to follow...
Old 08-08-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: First hand Beauty, turn action in question

I'd push. Villain obviously has J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and you need to make sure he doesn't hit his bigger straight flush cheaply.

Um, okay, seriously, I just smoothcall this and try and milk both villains for all they're worth until the river where I would raise/bet the largest amount I could see him/them calling. Maybe they'll be smart enough to realize that a smoothcall on the flop and turn doesn't bode well for him, but he probably won't be at these levels. And maybe one of them has the Ace-high flush and feels like they're slowplaying a monster. That will lead to a nice payoff.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:06 AM

I would call. I need UTG1 to tango along.

I have a feeling that SB has a made hand, small flash? most likely and UTG1 is drawing to a bigger one.

What are the stack sizes?
Old 08-08-2005, 10:16 AM

I have 200, they both cover, SB was around 450, UTG+1 about 220.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:31 AM

pretty easy call here...you don't want to push anyone out. I'd wait until the river to raise. Best case scenario you are up against the ace of spades and a set and the 5 of spades will all on the river making someone a full house and someone the nut flush...god that would be beautiful. I think you are likely up against a worse made flush and an opponent with the ace....just call, string em along and raise the river big.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:12 AM

almost forgot.

To quote vince van patten

"milk him like a holstein."
Old 08-08-2005, 07:40 PM

Guess this hand is not all that interesting to most, but I really feel like extracting the max is one area that I need work on.

Anyway, thought process: I felt that UTG+1 was prob holding a high spade, most likely A of spades. I also felt like SB had a made hand that he was willing to run with, but I didn't want to slowplay too long and lose them with a big river bet. Anyway, I raise to 70, UTG folds, SB makes it 150, I push, he shows 87o. So basically I just benefited from the fact he was bad.