Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 09:07 PM

Default God help the micro limits :)

I would like to thank a few people (okay a LOT). A couple of months ago several people took the time to ream me over passive play. Several PM's back and forth with the jist being be AGGRESSIVE to get out of the downswing (only 1000BB).

Well, after an extended break due to other obligations I'm able to put the good advice to work. I've tripled up in the last 2 weeks. V$IP 19, PFR 8, and AF 4. I've lost a bunch to retards making retarded calls, but, I've made a bunch more from these same retards making the same retarded calls.

One thing IMO to watch for in other players (and SSH points out just how frickin STUPID it is) who cold call 2 or more bets with crap. Mark them as ATM's.

Thanks again.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: God help the micro limits :)

[ QUOTE ]
One thing IMO to watch for in other players (and SSH points out just how frickin STUPID it is) who cold call 2 or more bets with crap. Mark them as ATM's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lately been marking CCers as well. Good advice.

[ QUOTE ]
V$IP 19, PFR 8, and AF 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

You play too tight for the micros. Loosen up a bit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Glad to hear that you are winning. I also recently recovered from a losing streak after moving up to $1/2. Had a horrid swing over the first 2k hands or so, but it's over and I'm playing smart again.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: God help the micro limits :)

Well, I'll stay tight. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm comfortable and the game is "easy". Any looser and I start out thinking myself. I work well on the KISS principle.

I think Omaha and Omaha H/L has helped me calc the outs and combinations of outs faster.

I re-read SSH for the bajillionth time and the part about CCing just stood out for some reason. I started paying attention. They are right, CCing with any frequency looks to fit the PT fish rating very consistantly.

Month long losing streaks blow especially when they hurt the bankroll and eat up the bonus money.