Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Did I play this AA correct??

Villain had played maybe 20 hands at the table (stats hadn't shown up through PAHUD yet), but turns out he is SuperLAG 87/50/4 in 23 hands. I did realize that he played any 2 cards coupled with the fact he was in the BB.

Question regards play on all streets. I just called on the flop hoping to get bet into on the turn in order to raise it then assuming no spade or possibly a 3. Was I too passive not capping, should I have released it? etc. etc. Thanks in advance.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (18 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero .....????
Old 08-06-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Did I play this AA correct??

I would 3-bet the flop and keep raising from there on out. I am pretty sure you have the best hand in this situation.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:50 PM

no.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:10 PM

Frankly I fold the flop. If they're willing to bet and raise into the PFR on a board with just twos and treys you can pretty much count on being a two outer to a set.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:12 PM

I had a hand almost exactly like this yesterday, with a maniac and instead of one other person in the pot, there were 3. and my 9s full of kings took down the capped on every street pot. I don't think it's wrong to stay in this pot, why do you say "no" shadow?
Old 08-06-2005, 04:28 PM

If BB was a normal player, he would have either a Three or an overpair and your winning or a Two and your losing.

On the River, since another Two came, chances are much better that your winning than losing, and especially since BB is a maniac, go ahead and Raise.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:28 PM

I would raise the flop and if the flop raiser comes back over the top, consider a call down. He may have 33, something with a duece, or another pocket pair. Protect your hand from those behind you and force those in the pot already to identify theirs. I really can't see any reason to fold this hand.
From the action, I put SB on a 3, UTG+1 on a flush draw, and BB on the aforementioned possibilities. This means it is less likely that he has a 3, and more likely he has a 2. Oh well, see a showdown.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly I fold the flop. If they're willing to bet and raise into the PFR on a board with just twos and treys you can pretty much count on being a two outer to a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can have pocket pairs, they might bluff because no big card hits...
I think folding is horrible here, but i can be wrong of course [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
I think it's raise &gt;&gt; call &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; folding. Am i way off?
Old 08-06-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can have pocket pairs, they might bluff because no big card hits...
I think folding is horrible here, but i can be wrong of course [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
I think it's raise &gt;&gt; call &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; folding. Am i way off?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right, especially with reads. With normal people I'd fold this since a raise doesn't exactly indicate 3x or a flush/straight draw. Maniacs confuse me since they always seem to draw out on me anyway [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

What do we know about SB? Willing to bluff? Bets flush/straight draws?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:01 PM

So you did not know BB was a huge lag? If you knew then I would 3bet the flop and raise the river.