Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 12:08 PM

Default The TOOL Debate is OVER!!

Ok, I have been listening to Lateralus almost exclusively since it came out like 30 years ago or whenever it was. I think Lateralus is almost incomprehensibly gigantic and epic, a true masterpiece.

That said, last night, I placed a compact disc into my electronic compact disc-playing device. That compact disc is called Aenima, and I have not slept, for fear that if I should visit Morpheus, it would all have been a dream, the ineffably massive attack that is this CD.

Listening to this CD for the first time in about a year, my jaw literally fell open several times. It is absolutely the definition of rock and roll.

I do not wish to appear as a shill for TOOL, so this will be my last TOOL-related post, I promise.

If you love rock and roll and are not intimately acquainted with Aenima, you are making a serious error.

My neighbors must love TOOL by now, by the way.

Either that, or they've moved away.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: The TOOL Debate is OVER!!

I didn't know there was ever any real debate about this, but thanks for affirming the obvious truth.

NT
Old 08-06-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know there was ever any real debate about this, but thanks for affirming the obvious truth.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, more than anything, I meant the debate that was raging inside my skeleton-head.

That, plus I believe there were one or two exchanges right here in OOT which implied (nay, INFERRED) a debate.

But yes, it is obvious to me now. The answer, that is. Obvious, I mean.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:08 PM

Aenima is the greatest album ever put out, by anyone. So yeah, I agree.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I have been listening to Lateralus almost exclusively since it came out like 30 years ago or whenever it was. I think Lateralus is almost incomprehensibly gigantic and epic, a true masterpiece.

That said, last night, I placed a compact disc into my electronic compact disc-playing device. That compact disc is called Aenima, and I have not slept, for fear that if I should visit Morpheus, it would all have been a dream, the ineffably massive attack that is this CD.

Listening to this CD for the first time in about a year, my jaw literally fell open several times. It is absolutely the definition of rock and roll.

I do not wish to appear as a shill for TOOL, so this will be my last TOOL-related post, I promise.

If you love rock and roll and are not intimately acquainted with Aenima, you are making a serious error.

My neighbors must love TOOL by now, by the way.

Either that, or they've moved away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I downloaded Aenima(the song) and listened to it. It doesn't define Rock and Roll for me personally because when I think of rock&roll I think of songs for parties,keggers, dance music ..music to move to examples'George Thorogood"Move It onOver, The Madison Blues," Bryan Adams'Take Me Back",Bachman Turner Overdrive"Give me your Money Please"Sonny Landreth"All About You", I could go on and on. We who listen to and love music have all fallen in love with one or another band from time to time and think they are the embodiment of rocks soul but this is not possible because rock&roll is too broad a musical category(I don't know how to put this any other way) for any one band too do this.

I tried to make this short and sweet and still get my point across.

ManyBeers
Old 08-06-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when I think of rock&roll I think of songs for parties,keggers, dance music ..music to move to examples'George Thorogood"Move It onOver, The Madison Blues," Bryan Adams'Take Me Back",Bachman Turner Overdrive"Give me your Money Please"Sonny Landreth"All About You", I could go on and on

[/ QUOTE ]

No, really...don't.

You and I live on different planets, sir.

Neither planet is technically "better," I suppose, but when you start talking about keggers and Bryan Adams in a post about TOOL, I assure you, we live on different planets.

Good luck.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I downloaded Aenima(the song) and listened to it. It doesn't define Rock and Roll for me personally because when I think of rock&roll I think of songs for parties,keggers, dance music ..music to move to examples'George Thorogood"Move It onOver, The Madison Blues," Bryan Adams'Take Me Back",Bachman Turner Overdrive"Give me your Money Please"Sonny Landreth"All About You", I could go on and on. We who listen to and love music have all fallen in love with one or another band from time to time and think they are the embodiment of rocks soul but this is not possible because rock&roll is too broad a musical category(I don't know how to put this any other way) for any one band too do this.

ManyBeers

[/ QUOTE ]
what the [censored]? you have had too many beer ManyBeers. bryan adams? BTO? wait...no haha nice post ha! i forgot we are allowing gimmick accounts again. nh sir.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:37 PM

"Listening to this CD for the first time in about a year, my jaw literally fell open several times. It is absolutely the definition of rock and roll. "

I simpy disagreed with this quote. What's the problem. I didn't like it. Tough
Old 08-06-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ManyBeers

[/ QUOTE ]
what the [censored]? you have had too many beer ManyBeers. bryan adams? BTO? wait...no haha nice post ha! i forgot we are allowing gimmick accounts again. nh sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tool didn't work for me. Sorry. Neither one of you has cornered the market on what constitutes quality music.