Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 02:10 AM

Default I got the idiot end

MP1 was tight/passive, both other players in this hand were loose and very passive post-flop.

Party Poker 3/6(9 handed)

Preflop: AliasMrJones is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2 folds, MP1 raises, button calls, SB folds, AliasMrJones calls.</font>

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Checked around.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, AliasMrJones checks, MP1 checks, AliasMrJones folds, button bets, SB calls, AliasMrJones...
Old 08-06-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: I got the idiot end

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, AliasMrJones checks, MP1 checks, AliasMrJones folds, button bets, SB calls, AliasMrJones...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that once you fold, you're not allowed to call. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Incredibly easy fold. The pot is small and someone always has the ace. FWIW, it'd be an even easier fold if you'd led the turn with the intention of folding to a raise.

And while we're at it, bet the flop. You have 2nd pair + the OESD.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:40 AM

Darn converter...I had to hand fix up the action because the converter butchered it. I realized I had middle pair + OESD, but it was a 1-card idiot end of the OESD so only 1 end of the straight draw was really good for me.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realized I had middle pair + OESD, but it was a 1-card idiot end of the OESD so only 1 end of the straight draw was really good for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole reason you bet the flop is to make it incorrect for a naked ace to call with the gutshot. Well, that and you might actually have the best hand.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:56 AM

Bleh misread, flop bet is close but checking isn't awful. Weak tight types raise range puts you drawing dead to very thin often enough I think you can just check through and let it go.