Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 11:13 PM

Default QQ preflop line

Hero: $27
UTG: $13

25NL 6 max and I have QQ in MP. UTG limps and I raise $1, folded around to UTG who reraises to $3. I minraise to $5.75,he minraises back, 3 more raises and he is all in.

Tricky spot to be in with QQ, I think its only a coinflip against AK and there's a good chance villian holding AA/KK. But he's also a short stack stack which is why I only minraised (because I felt him coming over the top against say an $8 4bet would force me to call anyways, and the larger bet folds worse hands)

Well that was my thought process. I have a feeling you guys will tell me to reraise a larger amount, if so please tell me why

Thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: QQ preflop line

[ QUOTE ]

Tricky spot to be in with QQ,

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. You are favored vs. AK, and are only behind AA and KK. If he had any of those hands, he might have made a PFR with them right away. So the chances of him having AA or KK are slightly diminished. I take my chances after he reraises you to $3 and just put him all in.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:49 PM

IMO the best lines here are to either put him all in to his limp raise and really put him to a decision or just call his limp raise and play some poker, u do have position and a 24+bb pot to play for.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 PM

On the flop QQ is 2/3 favorite but with 5 cards to come I think it's pretty close.

What are you trying to accomplish with the push after his initial limp/reraise?
Old 08-06-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you trying to accomplish with the push after his initial limp/reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're trying to get his whole stack in the middle while there are only 2 hands that beat you, AA and KK. If he has some donk hand that doesn't hit the flop, he will probably fold after he sees a flop. If an A or K or both come on the flop, he may get you to fold your hand, even though he only has something like JJ.

Any raise you make after he makes it $3 to go to you, basically commits him to the pot. So get it in there while you probably have the best of it. Don't try to get cute and minraise him again. Push. If he folds, he folds. If he calls, you're the favorite going in 90% of the time here.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had any of those hands, he might have made a PFR with them right away.

[/ QUOTE ]

what would make villain open with AA/KK but limp reraise with AK/JJ?
Old 08-06-2005, 02:45 AM

so UTG limps then raises you.. you min raise him and he raises you BACK? Unless you have a read that this guy is really bad... im thinking you're beat to KK or AA..
Old 08-06-2005, 03:15 AM

not necessarily, my minraise could easily be an attempt to regain control. I think 99, TT, etc could 4bet here. I think I agree with a push now. Against a larger stack I probably raise to $8 and fold to a reraise