Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 06:08 PM

Default When should i slow down?

I'm in the first few weeks of a transition to SH and am still getting a handle on my aggression (both pre and post flop).

This table has been crazy aggressive. People have been showing down middle pair crappy kicker on highly coordinated boards with tons of action.

Reads
UTG is pretty laggy (45/8.5/1.5)(though quite tight by the table's standards) His PF raising standards are pretty good. He's not capping without having a good hand. Stats don't show him to be hyper aggressive postflop but he played an overpair very strong a few hands before.

The rest of these guys are clowns: 75%+ VP$IP, 0 PFR

My question: When do I slow down? And if I should slow down, what read are you getting that suggests that I should? I am less concerned about UTG. I just don't see him capping with JQ. Button is another story. He might very well have called 3 with 67 offsuit.

Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

UTG Raises Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, UTG Raises, Hero calls, CO calls, Button Calls

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
CO calls 7 (All-In).

UTG bets, Hero raises, CO calls all-in, Button calls, UTG raises, Hero caps, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>

UTG bets, hero raises, Button calls, UTG raises, hero caps, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>

UTG bets, hero raises, button calls, UTG raises, hero calls, button calls.
Final Pot: 46.75 BB
Old 08-05-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: When should i slow down?

That is some serious spewage. You have to slow down no later than the turn.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:13 PM

I think my default would have been to call down from turn forward if I hadn't seen UTG play an overpair exactly like this with a 3 flush on the board.

So are you saying just call the turn bet or raise but don't cap? And from then forward would you call down? I don't think I can find a fold here with top set.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:20 PM

If I'm reading this correctly, UTG capped PF, and has a PFR of 8.5, which means QJ isn't likely. This, coupled with the fact that you still have button along for the ride tells me I can't slow down with top set.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:58 PM

Call me weaktight, but I can't find a river cap either. Looks good.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:07 PM

I don't see any reason to slow down, or to not cap the river. I don't care how passive button is, he didn't flop a straight and then coldcall five times. UTG's either going nuts with an overpair or has 99.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Final Pot: 46.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... FWIW, I calldown on the turn 3-bet, perhaps that is wrong *shrug* (my overall aggression is ~2.8)