Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 04:41 PM

Default x post---anyone know anything about if/when the BIG GAME will resume?

I just got done reading the professor,banker,and suicide king. It's the story of the big game between Andy Beal and a group of the top 10-20 players in the world. It is likely not a new subject to most of you. My question is it ever going to happen. As recently as March Cardplayer had Beal accepting Doyle's compromise. But i haven't heard anything since. I know from the book that the most active time they call played was during the world series, so I thought there might be some new dirt/gossip out there on this.

SAM
Old 08-04-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: x post---anyone know anything about if/when the BIG GAME will resume?

It's off... In one of Barry Shulman's blogs he stated that it had fallen through on Andy Beal's side, and I believe the major issues were Andy's not wanting to come to Vegas, and his wanting all rights to the video tapes (as one of the earlier stipulations was that all matches be taped), whereas Doyle believed the losing party should get the video so either A. he/they could still profit from the venture, or B. he/they could not release them save themselves embarrassment. Not sure why that was such a hot button issue. You can go to cardplayer's website and search the his archived blogs if you'd like more info.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: x post---anyone know anything about if/when the BIG GAME will resu

When they find their next big fish.

How much did Beal drop by the final reckoning?
Old 08-06-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: x post---anyone know anything about if/when the BIG GAME will resu

interestingly enough at the end of the book ALL the players are giving him ALOT of credit for being one of the worlds best heads up limit hold em players. Only Johnny Chan was nasty.

SAM