Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2005, 09:09 AM

Default I was down, then up, I \'m up, now i\'m down.

I'm on this mission. $200 in 4-5 months playing microlimits. First day I sit down at Stars and start cleaning the table with ebody's money. I'm making like 10BB. Then i'm down 20BB (so -10BB of my initial deposit) Then I'm up +5BB of my initial deposit, then I'm back to -10BB of my deposit. This is all taking place over around 450 hands or so at .02/.04 limits on Stars. PT says I'm "moneybags", and I know that I can perform well. I'm mostly getting shook up by LAGS betting and raising and winning in the showdowns against me. I haven't had 'many' suckouts (runnerrunner straights, river sets). Is this variance 'normal'? Are there other threads like mine that I can learn from? Am I tilting? All i think about is "i can beat it. Just play tight and smart" I thought PT and GT+ were going to do wonders to my B.R., they seem to be more of a distraction (only started using PT about 2 months ago, and GT+ only sunday). What sorts of things can I do to minimise the fluctuations/variance? I'm stuck wondering if its me that sucks, or I should be patient and wait for my time, so I can make the bucks. I've read through all of SSH several times, and continue to apply the things in it. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did you do? What happened at the end?

Thanks a million.