Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Overpair facing aggression, Gas, Chk/Call or Drop it?

No solid read on villain, PT had 15 hands on him, 21 VPIP 15% PFR, seems a little agro.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Whats the decision here with 3 bet? If facing overpair I'm toast (AA-JJ), unless villain is pumping flush draw/straight draw (especially A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

I decided to take the Chk/Call route. Comments please!!!!!!!

Turn: (8.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ????

A falls on river, do you fold here since even A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] beats you now?

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 08-04-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Overpair facing aggression, Gas, Chk/Call or Drop it?

Smells like a big pocket pair if he is at least a decent player. That Ace on the river sucks and the only way I would is if I knew the villain is a maniac. Which I think he is not.
Fold
Old 08-04-2005, 02:35 AM

I fold the river with no remorse, because I can't see villain showing that much resistance with any hands that you beat (although I'm not sure how aggro your aggro read is since I don't have PT). MAYBE an overplayed 88-99??
Old 08-04-2005, 02:54 AM

I fold turn after the cap PF and 3-bet flop. Smells like a higher PP than yours. Since you called the turn I definately fold that river. You arent beating anything that would do that really. 88-99 wouldnt do this 1/10 times would they?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:52 AM

Villain could be going gonzo with something like AK on the flop so you don't really know where you're at once he 3 bets. I just smooth call the flop and either raise the turn, that being my last bet put into the pot, or go into calldown mode unless something like an ace hits the river.