Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 11:36 PM

Default JJ in a strange position... too aggressive?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls $3 (All-In).

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

How did I play this? Was it okay to call on the turn? I felt there was a decent chance he had two pair on the flop, which gave me some outs. Did I play too aggressive on the river? Props to anyone that can guess what was Villains hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ok goddamn. I just realized I just posted this hand a few hours earlier today.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&amp;fpart=1

Most people said I shouldve called the turn, but I didnt show what happened in the river in that post. So... what should I have done on the river? Thx guys.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: JJ in a strange position... too aggressive?

judging from the action youre probably beat on the turn. he has a smaller set probably. i would checkraise the river given all his strength.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:11 PM

That is a bit of a strange position, but I think you played it fine. You 3-bet the flop and villain just called, so at that point you have to judge that you're probably ahead--couldn't he have top pair or 99? When you are raised on the turn, you are most likely behind, and I really like betting into him on the river because his likely 2p or set will raise, allowing you to 3-bet, and you eliminate the small chance that the river would be checked through.

Btw, how do you think 3/6 at party compares to stars? I'm curious why you're not playing at party...

M
Old 08-17-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a bit of a strange position, but I think you played it fine. You 3-bet the flop and villain just called, so at that point you have to judge that you're probably ahead--couldn't he have top pair or 99? When you are raised on the turn, you are most likely behind, and I really like betting into him on the river because his likely 2p or set will raise, allowing you to 3-bet, and you eliminate the small chance that the river would be checked through.

Btw, how do you think 3/6 at party compares to stars? I'm curious why you're not playing at party...

M

[/ QUOTE ]

I played at Pstars because I had a LOAD of bonuses that Ive hoarded up. I was playing mostly 2/4 6max but I tried out the 3/6 6max games too.

I actually play Party 3/6 6max now. Havent really played it that much to make an accurate assessment, but I feel Party 3/6 6max is very comparable to Pokerstars 2/4 6max game. The difficulty is about the same.