Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Gambling with a Maniac

Online 10/20

I've just sat down, and recognize a pretty crazy player who I've played with a few times before sitting 4 seats to my right. He just won a big pot when his TT spiked a set on the river, and with 5k behind he is now attempting to bully the table making big pf raises and overbetting lots of flops. In other words, he's even crazier than usual.

Folded to me I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] utg +2. Usually I raise here every time but I limp this time. Folded to maniac in sb who makes it $140 to go. BB folds I call.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets 140 I call. Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He checks I check behind. River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets 340 I call he turns over J8 off. Everything went exactly according to plan.

Two hands later I'm bb with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded to Maniac in cutoff who makes it 140 to go. I call and it's heads up. I have 2.6k he has me covered.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Maniac could have any playable or semi-playable hand. What's your move?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Gambling with a Maniac

checkraise all in?

~290 in pot, say he pots it, your c/r would be 2100ish into a pot of just under 900, about 2x+ pot.

so many bad cards could turn, you dont know what they are, hell even overcards / board pairing etc.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:36 PM

Get more money in preflop in the first hand. If you're going to limp, not reraising is giving up a lot of value.

As for the second hand, if this guy is making huge raises and overbetting, bet/reraise all-in on the flop.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get more money in preflop in the first hand. If you're going to limp, not reraising is giving up a lot of value.

As for the second hand, if this guy is making huge raises and overbetting, bet/reraise all-in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hand #2, lead with some kind of underbet, $100-$150, he raises, you come over the top.

If he just calls, you can check/raise turn allin unless an A falls off.