Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 08:54 AM

Default AQo damn.. fold somewhere?

Villain is bad player, not too agressive but I have seen him bluf.

River 3bet oke?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB
Old 08-03-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: AQo damn.. fold somewhere?

don't fold this.
Maybe call his raise instead of 3-betting on the river.
But I think I would play it the same.
You beat his AK, A4, A5, 45
Old 08-03-2005, 09:15 AM

i would probably 3 bet the river here in the heat of the moment but I dont think its right. When you bet the river he probably will not raise again with 54 A5 or A4. With these hands out you really dont beat much and you should probably just call. No way is he bluffing here.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:22 AM

Weird hand. It's not obvious but I would probably just call the river. Seems like he's got a very good hand and FPS.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:27 AM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster

Villain's flop play looks like OESD (76s?)going for overcalls or a set waiting to pop the turn. Once you and SB had two bets in, he knew you'd give him a third.

I'd probably play it the same way at the moment, but I think calling the river raise is a better move.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 AM

Its much safer to go for the overcall from SB than reraise this river, especially considering the huge action from UTG so far. I think the 3bet is pretty bad.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 AM

You got trifecta-ed, dude.

I would have capped the flop.

I would have called the river raise for reasons that have already been mentioned.