Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 AM

Default For Baronzeus.. the LRR!

Villian 83/20/1 over 100 hands, raises weird stuff, gets aggro in weird places, 80% WTSD

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I was looking for that 23s. Didn't find it. If I was ever to find one, it would be from this guy. But I'll keep on trucking [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: For Baronzeus.. the LRR!

Why didn't you bet the river?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:29 AM

Bet the river, and I'm not capping preflop.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet the river. I don't want to waste a BB. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Also, I capped PF on the offchance that he was going nuts on some weird hand, and I wanted UTG out. He was pretty loose, and I had a chance. Didn't work PF, but oh well. And betting the river seems worse than capping PF.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 AM

Capping preflop isn't horrible, but NOT betting this river is also pretty bad. Seriously, this guys LRR range is probably huge, who knows. Cost yourself 1BB. It's ok. You'll get'em next time.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet the river. I don't want to waste a BB. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Also, I capped PF on the offchance that he was going nuts on some weird hand, and I wanted UTG out. He was pretty loose, and I had a chance. Didn't work PF, but oh well. And betting the river seems worse than capping PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

The K really changes nothing. An 83/20/1 player who complete-reraised preflop is going to have a worse hand that he's calling with way more often than he'll have a King.

Capping preflop is a lot worse than betting the river. Keep the pot small and look for a favorable situation postflop where you can push UTG out from SB's auto-flopbet.

Rob
Old 08-03-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The K really changes nothing. An 83/20/1 player who complete-reraised preflop is going to have a worse hand that he's calling with way more often than he'll have a King.

Capping preflop is a lot worse than betting the river. Keep the pot small and look for a favorable situation postflop where you can push UTG out from SB's auto-flopbet.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. That makes sense PF. But this whole post is my attempt at subtle mockery. He of course had aces, and like I said, I'm still looking for someone to LRR with something else. I've seen this move seven or eight times in my poker career, and ever time but one it was aces, the other it was pocket queens. Do you guys really run into this play with any frequency? Given my experience, that doesn't really make for a value bet on the river.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 AM

If you really want I can tread through my database and find hands that donks have LRRed, and show that it's been done with J4o once and Q9o once, and 78s once. This is just off the top of my head. But I don't need to. Because you will see for yourself.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:49 AM

Granted, my 100k hands is a small sample size... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Please do post one or two though, I'm curious.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 AM

When a thorough analysis of all the data is in (perhaps from the Freakonomics guy?) I think you will find that the LRR is composed of:

74% AA/KK
21% small/medium pairs and suited connectors
5% random crap

/mc