Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 04:49 PM

Default KTs hand that I didn\'t like very much

UTG+1 is very, very loose and sometimes aggressive. The other players are all 15-25 VPIP after one orbit.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

I would like confirmation that the correct play would have been to fold the turn. With 5 players in there is little chance my kicker is good, and other could have good draws. There is a high chance of a c/r...

Should have folded that river to. Again there is a chance of a c/r, and with this large a field I don't think my hand is good.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: KTs hand that I didn\'t like very much

You can't fold the turn. You have 3 outs in an enormous pot, as well as the chance that your hand is good.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like confirmation that the correct play would have been to fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't find it here, I'd raise.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-02-2005, 04:55 PM

That Turn card is pretty much a blank. I raise here on any day that ends with the letter 'Y'.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:57 PM

Yeah, you are right. At least try to thin the field a little...
Old 08-02-2005, 04:57 PM

I'd raise pre-flop and raise the turn.

By just calling the turn everyone and their mother can call profitably behind you.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:00 PM

I don't think call is the right play, it is either fold or raise. Given your read, I will raise. However I will have a very hard time to decide what to do if he 3-bet.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like confirmation that the correct play would have been to fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't find it here, I'd raise.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, lets slim down this field a bit. we do have TP here and a no completed draws yet...who says we aren't ahead here?
Old 08-02-2005, 05:01 PM

If you should have folded, it should have been on the flop IMO. But folding TP in this huge pot when you're given an opportunity to thin the field is probably no good.

By the turn, I would guess that 5 might have helped UTG+1:s hand. If he made a two pair with the 5, you also have some hidden outs.

When the 7 falls on the river, I would raise. You aren't going to win a kicker match against anyone else with a K, but you might push another king out with that scare card. Also, you'll probably only get reraised if he has 75...
Old 08-02-2005, 05:03 PM

I don't like calling on the turn, either raise or fold otherwise somebody is going to suck out on you even if you are ahead.