Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Default A Cry for help and a question...

Well I played about 1500 hands today, mostly 3-tabling 6-max $1/$2 at stars and my variance was similar to yesterdays. I started off by a nice +$80 which then started decaying slowly, until it was -$15. I also seem to lose all the huuuuge pots to silly 2 outters. Either way, I am not sure how much of this is because of my play and how much actually is about the swing. As some of the readers here might've read from my other post, yesterday was also a bit of a fiasko with it's -40x BB. So I'm asking anyone with time and expertize and a will to help to take a look at hands from my last session. ANY comments would be cool, you can import them into PokerGrader or PokerTracker to get more information (and get some free datamining at the same time if anyone's playing such low stakes).
Here: http://e292b.w3.ton.tut.fi/hh/

I suppose I can't expect to see the results of "skill" before I've played about 10000 hands or something, this might be just temporary. Here's my sweet graph from that time:

And here's some other statistical information:

My earn rate at $0.5/$1 wasn't too impressive either although it was distributed among many computers (0.5/1 winnings about $300) (some of that has happened with $1/$2 too, I'm overall about 5$ positive with $1/$2).

Any comments! Flame away! I want to hear anything that can constructively help me. Is it just my impatience with this matter. Shall I come back when I have at least 10k hands of 6-max under my belt ?
Old 08-02-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: A Cry for help and a question...

You won't see the results of skill until 100,000 hands, forget about 10,000. Don't obsess over winrate; obsess over play. Post more hands, etc.

Do a search for poster krishanleong and thread title "how to tell."
Old 08-02-2005, 04:26 PM

dude, happens on a daily basis to me. seriously, nearly every day i am down 80bb at some point in time.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:27 PM

Lower your starting hands until you are more comfortable.

You are probably running bad.

60BB swings are common.

Your sample size is small.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Thx for the feedback, my play from UTG (according to statistics) needs to tighten up a bit as well as my SB. the starting hands chart doesn't exactly include the blinds and i'm using pretty much the standards from full ring (any two soooooted or a bit higher cards, i've sometimes filled in T9o with enough limpers - too loose?)

I'll play some more tomorrow and see how it goes and I'll search for the thread you told me to, thx. I just don't want to be "wasting time" if there's some obvious mistake i'm doing (like seeing too many flops, going to SD too much etc etc). I want to improve, more than anything, I want to improve. That's my only goal.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:39 PM

Btw, how about the tool "PokerGrader"(.com). How accurately does it tell whether I had bad luck or not. I mean is it reliable. I imported some of todays histories and I got Avg, Avg, Bad Luck, Bad Luck, Bad Luck. And this line:
Expected winning % per $ at showdown (Actual):55.36% (31)

Just wondering how much statistics does it need and how reliably it gives the score.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:41 PM

I don't know how much to trust it's LUCK factor, but if it's any indication about how lucky I am, I'm on their top 10 3 times for Bad luck.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:00 PM

Vamm, the luck factor is exactly the type of thing those threads by Krishan are supposed to help you get a handle on. Just relax and spend some time reading old threads and all the new ones.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:03 PM

Vammakala - is that sweet graph from poker tracker? If so, how do you get to it?
thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 05:15 PM

I pulled one of your hand histories from your database

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

That flop laydown is pretty weak tight.