Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 02:11 PM

Default OESF draw and TP on turn

400 nl on prima. Villan in this hand normally plays at 5-10 or 10-20. For some reason he's at this level today. Villan has 500, I have 700. Villan makes it 12 in UTG+1. I make a loose call with KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Villan makes a continuation bet of 24 into 30 pot. I call. Turn is the interesting T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

There is 80 in pot. Villan bets 54, I raise to 162. Thoughts?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: OESF draw and TP on turn

yup...
Old 08-02-2005, 02:19 PM

I just call this turn. If he three bets you're behind and I want to see a river and hopefully a showdown cheaply at this point.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just call this turn. If he three bets you're behind and I want to see a river and hopefully a showdown cheaply at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:34 PM

hi ahnuld.
this PF call is not loose at all.
the turn play is looking not so good... why in gods name are you making this baby raise and opening yourself up to getting pusherd off this hand? especially against a guy who is probably 100% fearless as he usually plays quite a bit higher..
if you must raise, just make a huge pot comitting raise and play allin if he plays.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 PM

I guess in hindsight, It is smarter to just take a card off and any made hand would be nicely disguised since it would be a backdoor flush or straight, but isnt there a chance raiser will muck something like AK AA that he would be betting here?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:02 PM

i actually think you are raising for value here. sliiiight chance your hand is good and he mucks, small chance your hand his not good and he mucks, and you have a crapload of outs that you can push when you hit or check behind when you miss.

is this flawed thinking? raising 100 when behind so the pot wil be big enough for him to call a river bet when you hit? (this is something i do frequently though maybe not on this board since two pair might not be clean/straight is obvious) in general though when i big up an oesfd on turn and have a showdownable hand, i often raise so i can check behind when i miss but build a pot worth fighting for for when i hit. this make any sense?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:21 PM

let's say you call the turn, river is blank, and he bets the pot. What do you do????
I don't like calling the turn. Raise it big and take a free showdown if you miss. Allin is not a bad option because the board is very scary to call with just a pair.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's say you call the turn, river is blank, and he bets the pot. What do you do????

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, you fold [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Raise it big and take a free showdown if you miss. Allin is not a bad option because the board is very scary to call with just a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

scary for the hero or villian to call hero's all in?

yeah, he may fold AK some of the time, but calls with two pair or better.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously, you fold.
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling the turn. Raise it big and take a free showdown if you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you raise it big, and he calls, a free showdown does nothing for you as your hand will almost never be good.