Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Crypto is so bad I can\'t beat it

This is a whine post, for the past 2 days I've been playing on a Crypto skin at .50/1nl. I'm a winning 1/2nl player on Party at around 6PTBB/100 over 15k hands, I've gone to crypto to try it out and the 50/1 seems more populated.

From the 3600 hands these last 2 days Im 700 down (7 buyins), my biggest drop in 15 months of playing, the play is terrible and i know i should be happy but it seems so bad coupled with the card dealing that it's nearly impossible to beat - I cant figure it out.

My 4 biggest losing hands = KK, 88, AKs, AA, good raising preflop and most of the losing hands saw me getting the opponents allin on the flop when 80/20 fav. The problem is getting turned over by calling gutshots who hit the turn and followup with a "lol".

Ive not seen so many underdogs pull through in my life and people willing to call allin with 74c on a JT9r flop.

Another, I had AA in MP, raised to 3.50, called twice by idiotic medium stacks, flop 844r - I bet enough for them to go allin, I'm called by 74o (player directly after me who was first to call preflop raise) who takes it down. There's no way to consistently beat a table with 5 other fish who are intent on calling bottom pair who inevitably hit trips, plus there's the Ace rag holders who flop an ace yet check it down until the river and only then call large bets.

I swear Im playing no different, PT proves that. Anyone else find that a game is so terrible it's impossible to stay ahead? Hair out im my tearing.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Crypto is so bad I can\'t beat it

2 posts and you whine already? thats not going to be received well. I found the game soo soft, I took a big drop at first but then became incredibly profitable. proper bankroll is crucial. also, drawing hands increase in value there, implied odd are phenomenal. more variance btu very profitable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 01:04 PM

I know this looks bad ie. low posts = whiner newb, had to give a warning in the first line [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lurkers have to come out of the woodwork occasionally.
Nice to hear what you had to say though as the drop seems like a bottomless pit right now - Ive played at nearly every worthwhile online site and this place struck me as competely whacko. Might have to stick another 10 buyins in soon :/
Old 08-02-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a whine post, for the past 2 days I've been playing on a Crypto skin at .50/1nl. I'm a winning 1/2nl player on Party at around 6PTBB/100 over 15k hands, I've gone to crypto to try it out and the 50/1 seems more populated.

From the 3600 hands these last 2 days Im 700 down (7 buyins), my biggest drop in 15 months of playing, the play is terrible and i know i should be happy but it seems so bad coupled with the card dealing that it's nearly impossible to beat - I cant figure it out.

My 4 biggest losing hands = KK, 88, AKs, AA, good raising preflop and most of the losing hands saw me getting the opponents allin on the flop when 80/20 fav. The problem is getting turned over by calling gutshots who hit the turn and followup with a "lol".

Ive not seen so many underdogs pull through in my life and people willing to call allin with 74c on a JT9r flop.

Another, I had AA in MP, raised to 3.50, called twice by idiotic medium stacks, flop 844r - I bet enough for them to go allin, I'm called by 74o (player directly after me who was first to call preflop raise) who takes it down. There's no way to consistently beat a table with 5 other fish who are intent on calling bottom pair who inevitably hit trips, plus there's the Ace rag holders who flop an ace yet check it down until the river and only then call large bets.

I swear Im playing no different, PT proves that. Anyone else find that a game is so terrible it's impossible to stay ahead? Hair out im my tearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It happens. Until yesterday, I had lost the last five hands that I had been all in. Each time I put my money in as at least a 65% favorite. One hand I actually had the guy drawing dead to a runner runner flush. I was 92% and guess what happened. Yesterday, I was all in and it actually held. I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. And that happened on Party. You just have to deal with it.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most of the losing hands saw me getting the opponents allin on the flop when 80/20 fav. The problem is getting turned over by calling gutshots who hit the turn and followup with a "lol".

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesn't sound like much of a problem to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Another, I had AA in MP, raised to 3.50, called twice by idiotic medium stacks

[/ QUOTE ]
Raise more. Hell, push all-in if you want. The move of honour pays off pretty well at the Crypto tables.

[ QUOTE ]
There's no way to consistently beat a table with 5 other fish who are intent on calling bottom pair who inevitably hit trips

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to keep at it.