Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Set in SB

.25/.5 NL at pacific. Hero has 35$ stack, and villian has 23. Villian is just plain stupid, and bluffs frequently. Sees every flop, and will pay you off for anything if value bet correctly.

Hero is dealt 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in SB. About 5 limpers, I complete, BB checks.

Flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot 3.50)
-- I'm planning on waiting until the turn to pump this. Unless of course someone wants to commit now.
-- Hero checks, SB bets .50, Villian raises to 3$, all fold to hero, hero calls, SB folds.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot 9$)
-- If he has 68, I'm praying for the board to pair... but I'm 99% sure he has nothing or just top pair.
-- Hero checks, Villian bets 5$, hero check raises to 15$, villian thinks and calls... leaving him with 4$.

I know this hand seems very standard, but does anyone like a donkbet on the turn (6-8$) or a raise on the flop to the tune of 8ish?

I'm just trying to get the idiot's entire stack in here without giving him too much of a chance to outdraw me. Was this line best?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Set in SB

if you are worried about draws...i'd be pushing enough to put him all in right there. i know it is just a few more dollars for him, but i think you have to do it there on this drawing hand
Old 08-02-2005, 02:47 AM

Pot the flop, and if your going to C/R the villan on the turn, put him in. JMO.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:54 AM

do you realize that by not betting the flop you just gave every connector and semiconnector from 35 to JT a free chance to make a hand stronger than yours?

fim
Old 08-02-2005, 06:00 AM

I've been burned by FPS in these games (usually .10/.25). If I have the best of it, I bet. Bet the flop, get him in on the turn.

Maybe down the road in high-buy games you can get tricky. But for now, bet the hand.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been burned by FPS in these games (usually .10/.25). If I have the best of it, I bet. Bet the flop, get him in on the turn.

Maybe down the road in high-buy games you can get tricky. But for now, bet the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]