Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 04:52 PM

Default AK in position vs limpers...general principles?

Played at the Bike Legends $300NL last night. Had AK in position twice in multi-limp pots. At these tables, limps generally indicated mediocre hands, so I had no reason to suspect that anyone was slowplaying a monster (though, of course, nothing is certain). In each case, I put in a substantial raise and took down the pot preflop. This is my "default" AK play vs. limpers.

Anyone play these hands differently? AK is the best hand I saw all night and I'm wondering if I should have played a bit differently to get more value. Structure was very fast and starting chips were few, so slow and incremental progress was unlikely to get it done.

Hand 1: Blinds 25/50. I have T800 (below average) with AKs in the cutoff. EP, MP1, MP2, MP3 limp. I raise to T300. All fold.

Hand 2: Blinds 50/100. I have T1,000 (slightly below average) and AKo in the SB. 2 limpers to me. I raise to T400 and all fold.

Hand 3 (slightly different). Blinds 25/50. I have T600 (again, below average) and AKo OTB. All fold to cutoff who raises to T225 (her "standard" raises were this large). I reraise all-in. All fold.

Comments?
Old 08-01-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: AK in position vs limpers...general principles?

looks good to me. i would push hand 2 your too shortstacked to amke any toher raise than all in with limpers IMO