Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 08:55 AM

Default QQ low board - getting re-raised

Shorthanded $3-6 4 players. No reads on players.

Hero in small blind.

MP1 raises, MP2 calls, Hero (Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
re-raises, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls

Flop: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets, BB bets, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, Hero?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: QQ low board - getting re-raised

Is BB calling or raising?

Use the hand converter .

PS
Delete the word "Texas " (and the space) in "Texas Hold'em" if converter fails to work.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:12 PM

Sorry - BB is calling on the flop. Hope everything is now clear
Old 08-01-2005, 06:23 PM

The fact that you have three other people in this hand is a little worrisome. You can 3-bet the flop and try to force out a lone ace or king from the BB or the possible gutshot, but you're putting in extra money without as large an equity edge as you might have on the turn.

I would call and then check raise 4th st unless a 5, 6 or diamond falls. MP1 could be betting anything from 55-AA here or connectors from the made straight to something like 8-9. If you 3-bet the flop it won't give you much information about what he's on (he might cap just because capping is fun.) But if you c/r the turn that should tell you what you need to know. If he 3-bets you on the turn, I might consider giving it up right there, unless it's a diamond that falls for your redraw.

This seems a lot like the hand example in the overpairs section of SSHE. It's stuck somewhere between the TT example (wait until the turn, when your edge is higher) and the AA example (your edge won't likely improve all that much on the turn, raise the flop instead.) But I say call the flop, c/r the turn.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:44 PM

I'm thinking I three bet. If its capped I lead turn as well. This is going to be a tough fold without reads, but if turn brings a diamond and betting is hot, then its easier.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:48 PM

I've just re-read the SSHE section you refer to, and I guess the QQ is somewhere between the AA and TT examples in the book. The only difference is that the pot was raised pre-flop by one of my opponents and I 3-bet. In SSHE there are three limpers and the hero raises.

I'll wait for more responses before letting u know what I did [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 06:55 PM

I have no problem just calling and check raising the turn or 3-betting now and leading the turn. A turn check raise only protects your hand against bb if he has a gut shot or one pair and he may fold those to a flop 3-bet anyway. Plus a lot of cards are going to make you not want to check raise or encourage it to get checked around. So I guess I like 3-betting and leading now.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:18 PM

By default I'd threebet and if it isn't capped, lead turn. If more aggression is shown just check/call river.

If capped I'd probably still lead turn and see what happens, because the flop cap could be a draw, could be the nuts - you'd find out on the turn
Old 08-02-2005, 07:07 AM

What I actually did was 3-bet. The raiser capped and I check/called on the turn and river. He had a pair of 4s, and so made a set on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]