Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 02:59 AM

Default KK in the big blind- how strong?

Typical Party 20/40 on the loose/aggressive side, but short of the lunacy that can sometimes emerge.

EP raiser, FOUR coldcallers. I have KK in the small blind, and 3-bet. BB folds, all the CC's call it.

Flop is JsTs5h. I bet, EP raiser folds, 1 call, MP raises, a coldcall, I 3-bet, a fold, MP caps, same coldcaller, I call. MP has been aggressive, but not out of line. He would play a big hand fast.

Turn is 7c. From the feel of the game, I think there's about a 3% chance this turns gets checked through if I check. Bet/call? Check-raise? Check-call? Bet/3-bet? Can I fold an overpair in a pot this big? What?
Old 08-01-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: KK in the big blind- how strong?

unrestrained aggression from MP tells me hes not on AJ. Due to the pf CC, I would put him on JTs, KQs, AQs or 55. If he has a low pfr, I would also include TT and JJ. However, Id assume hes running a PFR of around ten and would therefore put him off these hands.

The turned 7 helps none of these hands. SO he either is going to check behind with the draw or rase his made hand. You have enough outs against 2 pair that I cant see folding the turn. But as only 55 or JT is raising you agian, I like bet/calling the turn. If raised and you dont spike a 5,7, or K on the river, I would most likely make a crying call.