Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Default To the bonus skeptics:

This month, in bonus alone, i will have cleared $1.8K. that's $21.6K per year in non poker playing earnings. that's a single person's salary in and of itself.

most of the bonus money came from bonuses that require the pot simply be raked, which means the same clearance rate for 25NL as 400NL as 2KNL.

Consider this:

Even if i'd made just ~1/2 this much, look what it does to a hypothetical winrate at the below levels over 30K hands (about what i played in July):

@25NL: $1K = 4000BB => 13.3BB/100 playing breakeven poker
@50NL: 6.7BB/100 playing breakeven poker
@100NL: 3.3BB/100 playing breakeven poker

Also consider this:

Turning over 10BB/100 long term at a game like 50NL is something within the grasp of pretty much all 2+2ers if they get a little experience under their belt and study the game just a little.

doing 16.7BB/100 at 50NL @ 4 full ring tables => 200h/hr

That's $16.7/hr, $33K a year. That's more than a new high school teacher with a degree in English makes in most places.

Moreover, bonus contributes to your winrate without adding variance. this does a great job of taking the ups and downs, that often give new players so much trouble, out of the game.

so get out there and whore. spend as much time working on whoring as working on your game, at least when you first start out. seriously.

fim
Old 07-30-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: To the bonus skeptics:

Show me your way.... Truly I need some tips.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Show me your way.... Truly I need some tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

start here

read this forum too

fim
Old 07-30-2005, 07:02 PM

The only thing I have to say is that eventually those bonuses dry up. And if you've cleared 1.8k of them already, I'd imagine you're almost completely finished (aside from the occcasional reload).
Old 07-30-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I have to say is that eventually those bonuses dry up. And if you've cleared 1.8k of them already, I'd imagine you're almost completely finished (aside from the occcasional reload).

[/ QUOTE ]

i only used one signup bonus, to the tune of $200. all other bonuses were cleared as reloads, incentives and rakeback (although rakeback was a paltry $180).

fim
Old 07-30-2005, 08:09 PM

Theyre affiliates that give you $500 to sign up to play under them which is ridiculous that people havent done that yet. I dont mean to solicite but if anyone is interested I know ways to get $700 worth of total signup bonuses + rake (pm if interested)
Old 07-30-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so get out there and whore. spend as much time working on whoring as working on your game, at least when you first start out. seriously.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this considered "bonus pimping"? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2005, 08:40 PM

fim: dont you usually play in the 1K level?

clearly, an extra 20K/year with no added variance is a great addition, so I certainly am not criticizing you on BWing for an extra 1.8K/month. im just asking out of my own curiosity, because most players stop whoring once they get to a certain level of stakes
Old 07-30-2005, 10:12 PM

I stopped chasing bonus' except for taking advantage of reloads onnce I started playing nl200 and and 5/10 6m limit because rakeback seems like a better deal and I get consistent game quality. Am I off here? It just seems like a lot of work for less then what I make just grinding away w/ a 28% rakeback deal.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fim: dont you usually play in the 1K level?

clearly, an extra 20K/year with no added variance is a great addition, so I certainly am not criticizing you on BWing for an extra 1.8K/month. im just asking out of my own curiosity, because most players stop whoring once they get to a certain level of stakes

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it is probably not optimal for me anymore. and yes, compared to what the game was worth, the bonuses were fairly inconsequential, but the point of the post was to illustrate how much money was out there for new players, when it really does matter.

fim