Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 06:25 PM

Default PP 30/60

10-handed PP 30/60 game. One poster right behind the button. Folded around to an aggressive player immediately before the poster who open-raises. Poster folds. You are on the button with Ax suited. Do you fold, call, or 3-bet?
Old 07-30-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: PP 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
10-handed PP 30/60 game. One poster right behind the button. Folded around to an aggressive player immediately before the poster who open-raises. Poster folds. You are on the button with Ax suited. Do you fold, call, or 3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally I'm not calling here. If I fold or raise depends on how big "x" is, and how aggresive the initial raiser is. If typical, then around A9s is where I start to like a three bet.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:28 PM

i fold. the openraiser should be tightening his raising standards with a poster behind him. getting involed with weak hands when a player could easily enter the pot behind him is bad play.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold. the openraiser should be tightening his raising standards with a poster behind him. getting involed with weak hands when a player could easily enter the pot behind him is bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but a lot of aggressive players don't think that way. They see the poster as an extra $30 to be had by raising and driving the poster out. If you suspect the raiser is this type of player, does that change your response or do you still muck?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:51 PM

if your read is that he sees a poster as an opportunity to broaden his open standards then the option to 3bet becomes alot more close. i dont think call is an option. still though, you need to be pretty certain that your read is accurate here and need to have an idea of what his range of holdings is along with how he perceives a 3bet from you. if he is weak-tight postflop then a 3bet clearly becomes a stronger option then before.

im not a big fan of playing these weak holdings against a raise, but i know that many are.