Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Good push?

22 people left and 63 paid. Almost every time someone would push in and it would be folded around. Blinds are 2-4k and i have ~30k. SB has like 20k and BB has maybe 40k. I pick up KTo in CO and push. Good or bad?
Old 07-30-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Good push?

Yes, Id push this everytime.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Good push with a slightly short stack and a pretty strong hand for CO.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:23 PM

One other question I wasnt sure of. I was about 3 off the button w/ around 30k. The big stack of ~90k raised to 16k in 2nd position. I picked up ATo, was this a push? I wasnt sure as even a trap hand like AJ had me dominated, but his range probably also include 55-AA AK-A9 and KQ. He just got moved to our table and sat out for the first few minutes. Wasn't sure on this hand and figured I could try and find a better spot as I personally put a ton of value in being the first in.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One other question I wasnt sure of. I was about 3 off the button w/ around 30k. The big stack of ~90k raised to 16k in 2nd position. I picked up ATo, was this a push? I wasnt sure as even a trap hand like AJ had me dominated, but his range probably also include 55-AA AK-A9 and KQ. He just got moved to our table and sat out for the first few minutes. Wasn't sure on this hand and figured I could try and find a better spot as I personally put a ton of value in being the first in.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have no folding equity. You're facing an EP raise. Unless he's been very aggressive in EP you're behind his range of hands although it's pretty close. I don't mind folding and waiting for a better spot with your stack size - short but not critical.