Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 01:26 AM

Default What would you do?

I'm not going to do the play along thing, because my access and posting times are sporadic, and I'm probably going to bed soon... but here's a hand I just played and ... well, what would you do?

SB is tight pre-flop but very passive. He's been losing chips for 43 hands. Only hand I've been HU with him has been a hand where he had QQ and bet out on a 895 flop. Only other hand I've seen him show down is JJ, so he knows where the fold button is.

Hero is UTG with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 3 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop (4SB): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB folds, Hero....

What would you do?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

how much do the KK when an A flops vs JJ when an A flops examples apply in this situation (From SSHE)?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much do the KK when an A flops vs JJ when an A flops examples apply in this situation (From SSHE)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Semi- to not-at-all, I think.

This is a second-pair question, to be sure. But when the possible top-pair is an ace it changes the situation considerable. A lot of bad players will call with any ace. That isn't as true with a jack.

The limit was 1/2, btw.

KO
Old 07-30-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to do the play along thing, because my access and posting times are sporadic, and I'm probably going to bed soon... but here's a hand I just played and ... well, what would you do?

SB is tight pre-flop but very passive. He's been losing chips for 43 hands. Only hand I've been HU with him has been a hand where he had QQ and bet out on a 895 flop. Only other hand I've seen him show down is JJ, so he knows where the fold button is.

Hero is UTG with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 3 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop (4SB): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB folds, Hero....

What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you didn't raise preflop, I'm leaning towards a muck. The pot isn't the right size to try to start a fight with tight SB.

If you raised preflop, I think I raise to drive out MP2 because now the pot is twice as big and it's worth putting up a little more of a fight for it. If he 3-bets, I fold. If he calls I bet the turn and take a free showdown, expecting to lose fairly often.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Since you didn't raise preflop, I'm leaning towards a muck. The pot isn't the right size to try to start a fight with tight SB.

If you raised preflop, I think I raise to drive out MP2 because now the pot is twice as big and it's worth putting up a little more of a fight for it. If he 3-bets, I fold. If he calls I bet the turn and take a free showdown, expecting to lose fairly often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you raise 77 UTG pre-flop? Really?

KO
Old 07-30-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you raise 77 UTG pre-flop? Really?

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I would. Playing 5-max makes you want to raise lots of things preflop. I also didn't count the number of players in the hand.

If you're getting only one limper behind you on a regular basis, opening with 77 isn't so bad.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is enough for me to jettison my hand.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I would. Playing 5-max makes you want to raise lots of things preflop. I also didn't count the number of players in the hand.

If you're getting only one limper behind you on a regular basis, opening with 77 isn't so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said that. Gosh I hate having no converter. It was 9-max, 9 players. Table was about 35% VPIP. Maybe 8% pfr at the time.

The table varied though... I raised a KK earlier and stole the blinds and the hand after it 7 people saw the flop.

KO
Old 07-30-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said that. Gosh I hate having no converter. It was 9-max, 9 players. Table was about 35% VPIP. Maybe 8% pfr at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get a little annoyed when posters don't read the OP very carefully. But not paying attention to the number of players at the table counts as not reading very carefully. I'm such a hypocrite. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2005, 01:57 AM

fffffffffffold

im going to assume sb is likely to be more passive than aggressive postflop from your pf read.

4sb in the pot

'passive' sb bets into 3 others on a rainbow board

1 more dude behind you