Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Foxwoods Live 1-2 NL hand, too much gamble?

Playing some 1-2 NL at Foxwoods.

Table contains a few terrible players and a few decent players. Lots of gambling going on. Most of it focused on the mega fish who was down 1400 over 4 hours. I have KQo and limp on the button after about 7 callers. I have $96. Most if not all people have me covered.

Flop is JT8. I believe it was rainbow.

SB (decent player with $500) bets out $20. Lady (seemed decent with $104) calls. Mega fish (with $150) calls. Monster stack (with $900) calls. Pot is roughly $100.

I have 2 overs and an open-ender. Obviously a Q is unlikely a winner and it seems likely that one of the 4 players have atleast one 9.

I move all-in. I have been card dead and have not been gambling up like a few of the big stacks and the mega fish. So I should get some respect from SB and maybe the monster stack. Lady moves all-in for $4 more than I and the mega fish calls.

Turn is J. River is 2.

Lady shows 96. Mega fish shows Q3. I pull-in a $300 pot with King high.

So was my flop play fine? Sure the results worked out but are my outs too tainted to make this move? Is a call better?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-29-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Live 1-2 NL hand, too much gamble?

Semibluffing in that game is almost always a waste of time. People call with all sorts of trash (as you saw). I would probably just call on the flop as you're getting great odds with all the other callers and all your straight outs are to the nuts. I also don't like semibluffing into that many people regardless of the game as one of your ways to win (i.e. when everyone folds) is almost never going to happen.