Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Default How Dannenman and Williamson did it

I figure they had to do something to make it that far.

My impression is that Dannenman played a tight aggressive game and avoided unecessary risks. He seems not to have real good technique.

Tiffany Williamson seems to have overplayed her hands and gone allin with marginal hands. She got lucky with some of these big pots. Plus she probably stole a lot of pots when people didn't have a big hand to call her.

This is just what I pick up from reports. I wasn't there. Anyone else have ideas?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: How Dannenman and Williamson did it

Dannenman's tourney run was based off a period when he had gotten shortstacked not long after the bubble. Figuring he was done for he ordered bloody mary after bloody mary and started playing completely loose (honestly nothing wrong with that when you are shortstacked, you have to try and make a move).

He was wasted and hit a huge rush that he contineud to push all the way til the end of the session. By the end of the night he went from far back in the pack wit 260,000 or so to one of the top 10 chip leaders with 2,500,000 chips.

He continued to play loose even at the final table going all in with middle pairs, etc... he just happened to suck out when he needed... like against Matasow.

Tiffany wasn't going to play post flop (honestly a good strategy for someone of her level), whenver she did she got burned. So she was pretty much all in preflop or not in at all. However, she kept catching her ace when going all in against KK with AJ, etc... She got lucky but she played the only style of game that gave her a chance of getting lucky and making a deep run. Can't fault her too much, she got the cards. Now the delay thing, that you can fault her for.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:21 AM

Since when is AA beating KK with all the money in preflop a suckout?
If Mike had won would it be a suckout? If so, I guess it's a suckout whoever wins. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since when is AA beating KK with all the money in preflop a suckout?
If Mike had won would it be a suckout? If so, I guess it's a suckout whoever wins. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was Lazar, not Dannenman. He was probably talking about the AJ/TT hand that busted Mikey.