Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Beware of Interpoker!

Seems to be my week for getting screwed by poker sites.

I opened an account a few weeks ago with Interpoker. I needed to take $4000 off today so I went to the cashout screen to withdraw to my neteller account. The cashout process asked me for a pin number. I had no idea what this pin number was but it wouldn't let me continue so I rang Interpoker.

Apparently when you open an account using neteller they send you a PIN number by post which you need before you can withdraw. Unlike every other site which seems to believe that the existing neteller secure ID is sufficient. Unless you receive this mail, your money is stuck on the site and you cannot withraw it. They explained they sent the PIN number 17 days ago and it normally takes 5-7 business days to arrive. They said they would send the PIN number by post again and I could not have my money until I had the PIN number.

This is most ridiculous process I have ever encountered. Effectively they have my $4000 and refuse to return it to me until they choose to send me a PIN number which doesn't mysteriously get lost in the post.

They are based in Cyprus. Do I have any legal recourse because it seems they have my $4000 and refuse to return it, which I view as theft?