Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 10:32 PM

Default 5/10 value betting a limpreraiser

Villain is 50vpip/18 raise/3 aggro over 40 hands.

Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG limper, I raise, BB calls, UTG re-raises, we both call<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

I never know what to do with limp re-raisers. I'll tread fairly carefully.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
checked to me, I bet, BB folds, UTG calls

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, I bet. UTG calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.5BBs

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Ad Qd (high card, ace).
Hero has Tc Ah (one pair, tens).
Outcome: </font>

Alright, so should I have valuebet the river? How much of a mistake is it not to?
Old 07-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: 5/10 value betting a limpreraiser

First off, don't put your results in the post, they inherently bias your responses. The results don't matter in terms of playing the hand right.

Secondly, I'd expect a LRRer to come to life on the turn if he was going to do so. Limp-reraising AA and then waiting until the river to raise is very rare. So, yes, I think you have a value-bet on the river.

Thirdly, limp reraises, while sometimes AA, are far more often AK-ATs or some junk pair or suited connector hand that the player thinks benefits from a "big pot." I got LRR'd tonight by a guy with 9Ts who limped UTG and 3bet my isolation raise.

Surf
Old 07-28-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, don't put your results in the post, they inherently bias your responses. The results don't matter in terms of playing the hand right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn. First off, your tone is rather snobby. I'm pretty confident I've been playing the party 6max and reading this forum longer than you.

Second, you would expect the LRR to come to life on the turn. Something in the timing of how he checked and called sniffed that he had a strong hand that moved me away from bet towards check.

Third, your experiences with LRR are not necessarily similar to mine.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn. First off, your tone is rather snobby. I'm pretty confident I've been playing the party 6max and reading this forum longer than you.

Second, you would expect the LRR to come to life on the turn. Something in the timing of how he checked and called sniffed that he had a strong hand that moved me away from bet towards check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you couldn't be much more of a prick if you tried. Surfbullet is a good poster and a good player, and he's right on both counts -- bet the goddamned river and don't post results.

You asked for advice and he gave it (and good advice, at that), and you rejected it and then made some retarded "I've been playing longer than you" remark that had no place in the thread.

Ugh.

Rob
Old 07-28-2005, 10:48 PM

You should just stop posting now
Old 07-28-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like flaming people but you are an idiot. You sound like an ass in that reply. If you want good advice don't post results or else you'll get biased opinions.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you weren't asking for the benefit of other posters' experience, exactly what did you want from this thread?

I love the online timing tell, btw.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:08 PM

posting blind.

don't ever post results. Ever.

Bet the river. Limp reraisers can't believe it when you give them action if they have a real hand. He would have popped you on the turn with anything good.

Krishan
Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 PM

Wow, I don't post much on HUSH, and I see why. I think some of y'all are a bit touchy. Don't take things so seriously.

I think surf's original reply treated me rather noob, which amused me. I was just pointing out that I'm not necessarily as new as you might presume...just because I haven't hardly posted in hush in years and I post results in white.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I love the online timing tell, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not start that discussion again. Against some players it is useful. Most of the time it's meaningless.